☔︎ㅤᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ.

─୨୧─

𔘓

「ㅤstay alive.ㅤ」

ㅤㅤ• →ㅤ"Just drop me off here, please. It's urgent."

ㅤㅤA cacophony infiltrated Amane's ears once the driver of his ride made a rapid swerve around the corner of the street across the hospital Amane requested to be dropped at.

ㅤㅤWith one last unpleasant screech from the friction between the tires and the road, the car finally came to an abrupt stop. Amane loosened his grip on his seatbelt and eventually let out the long exhale he'd been holding ever since he received the heart-shattering news from Ichika over a phone call.

ㅤㅤAs he unbuckled his seatbelt, he did nothing, but stare into blank space. The usually vibrant, emerald-like color of his eyes became rather faint, being clouded by layers of tears that started to form. He took one brief glance at his hands.

ㅤㅤThey were shaking.

ㅤㅤ'God,' Amane thought, 'What am I gonna do without him?'

ㅤㅤHe swiftly brought his right hand up to envelope his face, thinking it would prevent him from crying a river. It trailed down until the only part his hand was covering was his mouth as his gaze touched upon everything in sight, except the hospital from across the street.

ㅤㅤHe still couldn't believe that right now, he was in front of such a place. And during the most crucial part of his life, too.

ㅤㅤ"Sir?" The driver chimed in and checked on Amane using his rear-view mirror, "Isn't this your stop?"

ㅤㅤAmane quickly ran a hand through his hair and let out a shaky sigh when the driver reminded him.

ㅤㅤ"R-right," He looked at the hospital from the car's window, but soon enough, his eyes shifted their focus on his reflection on it instead, "Thank you."

ㅤㅤ'I look pathetic.'

ㅤㅤSo as not to waste a second more, Amane gulped, gathering all the confidence and hope that was left in his chipped heart, and unlocked the door of the car.

ㅤㅤOnce he fully stepped out of the car, he shut the door and immediately ran over to the nearest crosswalk. With every ounce of energy he put into his footsteps, the bigger the splashes were as he was running over puddles, marking the earlier presence of a storm.

ㅤㅤAt last, there he stood, in front of one of Tokyo's high-end hospitals.

ㅤㅤHis breath hitched as he accepted the fact that he was here now, the red-lit letters of the hospital's label reflecting on his glossy, marble-like eyes. With a grunt, he held the hospital's metal door handle, slightly wincing at how cold it felt on his touch.

ㅤㅤHe pushed it open, bolting over to the room Ichika told him to visit without any other priority distracting him. Through every obstacle, patient, and staff that blocked his path, he made sure to pass by as cautious as he could, the sound of his sneakers squeaking against the white floors getting louder and louder-

ㅤㅤUntil he finally arrived in front of a brown, wooden door with the symbols "Room 38" engraved on it.

ㅤㅤAt that moment, Amane gripped the part of his off-white shirt that covered his chest and grit his teeth. Anybody would do the same if they also suddenly found it difficult to breathe.

ㅤㅤAmane's vision started to blur as his stare constantly shifted from his hand to the doorknob, arguing with himself on whether he even deserved to enter this very room and take a glance at the person he least expected to end up in this place.

ㅤㅤ'Why did your parents have to bring you along?

ㅤㅤHe twisted the doorknob, ever so slightly;

ㅤㅤ'Why did you have to get on that plane?'

ㅤㅤThe door flew open;

ㅤㅤ'Why did you have to end up here,"

ㅤㅤAnd a single teardrop made its mark on Amane's cheek.

ㅤㅤ'Delta?'

┈ 𔓘 ┈