the two walked in silence sideways.

akira then noticed how cold it was so she shoved her face into her neck warmer. toji then noticed the shaky breath she had breathed out and assumed she was cold.

he then wrapped an arm around akira's body (so like all the way. you know? on top of the arm. not sexual!!) "you could've just said that you were cold you know." toji said while looking down at her. she tensed up by the sudden gesture but didn't show any reaction. but slowly she leaned on to his jumper for more warmth. 

akira couldn't see it but toji had slightly smirked while his eyes were still looking forward. for toji its been a while since he got some human interaction other than work.

before they even knew it they had arrived at the shop they were going to. when akira entered she then felt a sudden breeze of warm air that was scented like bread. she looked to her right to see a bakery. 'so that's where the scent was from.' 

"pick whatever you need." toji said while checking his wallet. '50000 yen huh? when did i have this much money? probably from todays job.' he said. when he looked up akira was already holding a cart and took off her gloves.

"i'll push, you pick yeah?" he asked while taking the cart from her. akira held an blank face and nodded. she then turned to where the food was. 

later on they had picked out vegetables, eggs, three milk cartons, fruits, cereal, beef, pork,  cheese, fish. while akira was picking out the food, toji was following around like a dog with the cart.

 he then tapped akira's shoulder to get her attention. "i gotta go to the toilet wait here." he said while pointing his thumb at the toilet which was on the other side of the store. she nodded in response as she watched him walk away. 

she then turned her way to where the pomegranate juice she used to like when she was at her old home. she didn't even want to think about when she was at that house.

 she then remembered her dog she had. he was a golden retriever, she named him goldie. not only his fur was golden he reminded her of her childhood best friend. her nickname was goldie and she was the nicest person she had met in her life. she always had that smile that lighted up the whole town. until she had to move to another country. that's why she named him goldie. she had hoped that the golden part of her heart could be filled up by the golden retriever instead of her childhood best friend.

but when she turned ten years old, she went on a walk with goldie like they always did. when the traffic lights turned to green she had started walking she didn't notice the drunk man who was driving the car was about to hit her. she was then pushed to the ground by somebody and hit the concrete floor. she then turned around to see her goldie's body pooled with his blood.

akira's eye widen as she immediately went next to him, holding him. 

"nonono..please! NO. IM SORRY! PLEASE DONT LEAVE ME!! not again..." she said while her dog that she had adored with her whole heart.she then yelled for help, for people to call an ambulance or anything. she cried and cried until her eyes were bloody red. 

sadly goldie he'd passed away that day. her parents tried to comfort her but she wouldn't budge. it was like she was a broken robot. from that day she had nightmares about her dogs death on repeat and had panic attacks. maybe that's why she rarely didn't show any emotions. 

she then was snapped out of her thoughts as she felt somebody behind her. "oh toji-san can we get this too? i know its not necessarily needed but-" she then turned around to see somebody that was obviously not toji.

he was tall and skinny. his brownish yellow teeth showing from between his crusty lips. he wore a simple white shirt with a black jean jacket and jeans on. on top of that was a gold chain and a pair of sunglasses hanging from his shirt. 

"what's a girl like you here all alone? wanna go for a drink?" he asked as he licked his lips.

akira had an disgusted expression on her face. "im sorry but im a minor and i didn't come here alone so excuse me-" she said as she was trying to get away from the man as much as she can.

but he stopped her by holding a knife to her throat. "cmon, dont be a party pooper. one drink won't hurt." he said as he smirked down sat her. 

the man then was yanked off of her making him stumble backwards. 

"OI WHAT DOYU THINK YOUR-" he immediately shut his mouth when he saw a six foot man in front of him.

"who the fuck do you think you're talking to?"

toji says while glaring at the man holding himself back from tackling the man and choking him to death. his voice sent chills down the mans spine as he backed away."listen man, i-im sorry i was high and i couldn't control myself-" he said and immediately evacuated. 

toji then loudly sighed as he turned around to face akira who hugging him from behind, her arms not long enough to wrap him all the way.

he then patted her head as an comfort way. "cmon lets go home."

he said then he paid for all the groceries and held all of the bags.

'home..' 

hello! thank you for reading this chapter!

im really sorry that i haven't been posting on this book often. 

and merry christmas!

thank you for reading!

love ya<3