Satan - Lost In Your Pages

A familiar feeling, yet one so distant and cold. A desire forming within me with every touch. The view of them changed my idea of  what true beauty is. Their eyes are warm, but there's something behind those pretty eyes that I can't comprehend. Maybe I'm completely off, or maybe even more then that, but there's something burning within them that they won't admit. It angers me. It fills me with so much rage I can't even explain through words, which is a new concept for me. I know words & how to express how l feel through them, but they're the one person can't put into words. It's kind of funny to think that I, the Sin of Wrath, can't explain my anger. They're so beautiful. Their heart is made out of gold, though, and a gold that my brother -

"Satan? Satan dear, are you in here?"

I get distracted by the calling of my name from a voice I know almost too well.

"MC? Is that you?"

I call out to the open, hoping they hear.

"Oh good, I finally found you. Say, would you be so kind as to accompany me tonight to the dinner in the Demon Lord's Castle?"

The way they speak is mesmerizing. Their voice is so soothing, and the way they pronounce every word, every syllable. Their word choice. Everything they say sounds like it comes straight from a classical romance novel, and as embarrassing as it is to say, I'm obsessed with it all. Their story unfolding as it is hypnotizes me, even more than my favorite novels.   

"Of course I will, if you don't mind of course," My breath is shaking... I'm more nervous than usual.

"Oh, thank you! I heard that Lord Diavolo was requesting that we all wore our best chic outfit tonight," they pause. "I'm curious as to why, but I'm slightly excited to find out."

Chic, huh.. that's a theme he hasn't thought of for nearly 50,000 years. It's cute that they're excited about it, at least.

"I don't mean to pry, but is there a reason to why you're asking me and not your dear old Mammon?" I sound sarcastic. I'm absolutely being sarcastic, but I didn't mean for it to sound as such.

The silence was almost louder than Beel's stomach.

"You don't have to ans-" I get cut off.

"Mammon... Mammon has informed me of his... newly founded admiration for Thirteen."

I feel my eyes widen on their own. Thirteen? Mammon? Since when did this happen? MC is the most wonderful thing to grace this god forsaken Devildom, and he runs off to Thirteen? A regular demon?

"Uh... Satan?"

"Oh I apologize, I got lost in thought for a moment. Are you okay, though? If you want me to... rid of him I certainly can."

"That's not necessary Satan, even I know that..."

I took it too far... they're still in mourning.

"Say, what are you reading there?" MC points to the journal in my lap.

I chuckle and smile awkwardly. "Oh, this old thing? It's just a journal I write in from time to time."

You could nearly see the sparkle light up in their eyes.

"Aww, you have a journal? Oh c'mon, now you've gotta let me see!! I bet you write poetry and cute sappy stuff about how much you love and adore kittens."

There's the thing that mesmerizes me. The way they completely change from being graceful and poetic, to overly excited and not thinking about their words. It contrasts everything about them, yet it's so much like them it's almost funny.

"Oh no you don't," I reach the opposite direction of them as they have one hand on the armrest of the chair, and the other reaching out above me, trying to grab this book of all of my deepest darkest secrets.

"Hah! I love it when you go deep into thought, because you get all distracted and..." I feel their grasp around my other arm. "I can get what I want!" They grab the journal. I feel the panic set in, & my heart dropped.

"Now, MC we don't have to-" I get cut off yet again.

"Aww, you even left a little ribbon to show me where you left off! Now, let's read this together!" I have to obey. I can't do anything. Damn that pact I made with them... My face is on fire. How do I get out of this? I can't think of anything.. No, that's not it. I can't think at all.

"A familiar feeling, yet one so icy.. and..." They stop reading out loud. Well, there goes everything I've tried to build up with them. I've hid my feelings for this long, and now.. they know. They know at the worst time. They're closing it, dear god.. here we go.

"Satan... who is this written about?" Their face is so serious. I've never once seen them like this.

"There's no use lying, so it's... it's.." I can't say it. My mouth won't form the words. My head is overflowing with thoughts, and I can't sort them out.

"Is it about me?" They stare me in the eyes, and I feel my heart sink even deeper than before.

"Yeah. It is," I whisper, just barely loud enough for them to hear me. "I'm sorry." I can't look at them anymore. I look down to my feet in shame, and swallow down the lump of guilt I feel in my throat.

"Why are you apologizing?" They sound sad. I can't think of any other word to describe it.

I build up the courage to look at them again, and they have... tears? I... I made them cry?

"H-hey, why are you crying? I know you probably feel bad about not feeling the same, but it's okay," I feel tears start to well up in my eyes. "It's okay MC, I swear." I walk the small distance we have between us and hold them for the last time. I feel a sad smile forming on my lips, and the tears finally starting falling. I haven't cried since Lilith died.

They slowly start to wrap their arms around me, and murmur, "I never said I didn't feel the same way." My mood changes almost instantly.

"What? Can you repeat that?" I say, my heart pounding out of my chest again.

They giggle, and look up at me with tears still in the corners of their eyes, "Of course I feel the same way you idiot."

I can't describe the feeling I have right now, it's so overwhelming. I feel surges of energy rushing through my body, with excitement and happiness all overflowing.

"You- you really mean that?" I feel like I'm about to explode.

"Of course I do! You're so kind, and gentle, oh and you're so damn smart. You make me a better person every single day. How could I not fall in love with you?"

I can't help myself anymore. I lean down, & kiss them with more passion then I could ever try to explain. They're perfect. Perfect for me. Their lips are so soft... almost like a cloud.

"MC, I promise to love, cherish, & protect you with every fiber of my being. You have, will, & always meant the world to me. I've needed you for far too long. I know this sounds ridiculous coming from me, but you've been my everything. I -"  I get cut off.

They kiss me again. God, I can't believe this is reality. They're mine. They're really, truly mine, & I refuse to let them get away again.

"Why are you crying, sweetheart?" I say through my own tears.. how ironic.

"Nobody has ever written something about me, let alone something this beautiful. I can't imagine what it'd do to me if it were finished." They say through sniffs and wiping tears.

I smile, genuinely for once. "Maybe we can finish it together. Now, about that dinner..."

1.3k words
Posted 12/28/22