Chapter Two: The New Beginning?

The cool breeze of Pandora's air whispered into his ears. The sun was rising and Polyphemus' starly glaze began to fade. The calming breeze and the flapping of wings calmed Sangheili. A greenish blue banshee flew next to him, he peeked to see who it was. A smirk grew across his face.

"Potxa!  What are you doing here?"

"I couldn't leave you to do this alone. I was trained to fight as well!"

His mates stunning white hair, light grey and blue skin and wide yellow eyes gave Sangheili the chills. Even her gold mask made his stomach twist.

"I didn't want you to come. It is going to be too dangerous."

"That's why I came."

Sangheili chuckled as he drove his banshee slightly closer to Potxa and flew circles around her. Her laugh was what kept Sangheili going everyday. A booming thunder ruined the vibe as dark clouds took over the drizzling of rain and turned into a heavy storm.

"It's too dangerous to fly now, we must make it for the ground."

Potxa nodded and they flew down below the clouds to the rest of the war party.

"Milewyo, we must-"

He was caught off guard as another loud crackle ripped through the sky. Milewyo appeared next to him, his voice in a nervous tone.

"Look over there."

His arm stretched out, pointing over the valley which was connected by a land bridge. Sangheili's ears twitched. There, a long stretch of soldiers cheering and waving their weapons in the air. One man was standing in the middle of land bridge.

"Potxa and Milewyo, come with me."

They both nodded and grabbed their weapons. The land bridge was narrow and the edge of the bridge led to a 300+ foot drop as a raging river clashed around the cliffs. But it was the only thing separating the two forces.

"If the weather keeps us, the Na'vi definitely won't come." Poxta said calmly, as she gazed at the sky. "Those clouds only get darker as we talk."

Sangheili chuckled, "We'll be fine. After all, banshees give us a huge advantage and we wouldn't want that."

"I want to get this over as soon as possible with minimal casualties. Our brothers and sisters here also have families and children." Potxa looked at him seriously.

"I know, we talked about this already." Sangheili hissed.

Before Potxa said anything, Sangheili noticed the uneasy look on her face. He turned around and there he was. He was taller, stronger and had a long thick tail in the back, much thicker than the Na'vi and Sanghelios. A long scar ran across his face as the dye smeared all over his body in the rain. He had no hair and a scar from where he cut off the queue. His body was covered with hardened scales and he was significantly bigger than Sangheili.

"Little brother. It is good to see you again." Iley laughed out loud. His grin revealed rows of sharp teeth.

Sangheili stared into his brother's eyes.
"You don't have to do this, we don't have to fight."

Iley chucked and shook his head. "You don't understand do you little brother? We are here to fight for a reason. Mother and Father didn't give any blessings to our people. They didn't think we were worthy enough. Just because we didn't practice our beliefs in Eywa or any of their stupid rituals, they thought we were too dangerous and barbaric. Don't you see? They favorited Navi over both of us!" His thick tail wrapped around his waist. As his hands crunched into a fist.

"That is because of our past sins, we were deemed not worthy by Eywa herself." Sangheili growled.

Illy stared at his younger brother. "So Mother and Father never had faith in us. They always knew from the beginning. You knew this. Why else are our people so bloody thirsty? Why else do more of us die within one year than the Navi in ten! We were cursed from the beginning."