Part 2

"Jesse, put the gun down,"
Walter realized, now, that he had made a mistake. He understood where his actions, his words, could take him. Right now, nothing else mattered but his son, Jesse Jr.
"Jesse, you need to put the gun down, right now," he demanded, still holding the baby tightly.
"No, Mr. White. You can't always get your way. Give me my son right fucking now,"
"I'm not going to give you our son until you drop the gun,"
Jesse's wrath seemed to heighten then.
"Oh so now you want to be included?! It's us now?! It's not just me working my ass off while you sit around with your precious little family?" Jesse adjusted his aim on the gun to Walt's face.
"Yes, Jesse, things have changed now. We have a baby now. I'm sorry I wasn't there, Jesse. I'm sorry I have two lives. I'm sorry I did this to you. I'm sorry, okay?"
Jesse's eyes began to water, yet, he maintained the position of the gun.
"Jesse Jr. needs both of his parents,"
"Yeah, well, Jane and I can handle things ourselves. We don't need your old ass to help us, bitch!"
Walter's brows furrowed.
"You will not bring our son anywhere near that addict!"
Jesse raised his voice "Don't talk that way about her!"
Jesse stepped closer and slowly reached out his hand. He resembled a child offering their hand to a stray dog.
"Mr White, give me Jesse Jr."
Walter stepped back. "I won't let you take my son away from me,"
Jesse was now growing agitated.
"Give me my baby,"
"Kill me," Walter said, his expression devoid of emotion. He knew Jesse wouldn't shoot. Jesse let out a loud sigh that was more of a cry.

He collapsed to his knees, dropping the gun. "Please, Walter, I need my baby," he sobbed. "I need my baby,"
Seeing Jesse in pain ignited a cascade of sorrow within him. He knelt down to Jesse and placed one of his hands on his back, holding the baby in the other. The baby had began to wail at all the screaming. Jesse looked up towards Walter and their son. He placed his hand on the baby's head in attempt to soothe him.
"He's our son. He lives with you, away from all the drugs. No drugs around the baby. I get to see him everyday. You hear me?" Walter talked quietly but firmly.
Jesse nodded and reached for the baby.
"No, I need you to tell me you understand,"
"I understand," Jesse said. Walter hugged the baby and handed him to Jesse.

Jesse stood up and walked over to his car. Walt watched as his partner and their son drove away.