surprise!

...literally rewriting the same oneshot from my khr oneshots book with the same title. I also got this book's idea from there so it's not really surprising

It was the first day of school, and you couldn't believe that you would be lost in your own school.

(Last Name) (Name), a fifteen year old girl currently attending Namimori high school as a first year student. According to the piece of paper that you received from your advisor, you'll be in class 1-B.

It has been thirty-three minutes ever since the bell rang. You were held back on the teacher's office for the teachers (who were left behind) to explain things to you as you were just new around the town, and had to tell you things about the school which they got carried away and that's why you were let out so late and the fact that you're lost isn't helping.

A ball of anxiety has already formed deep inside you and you couldn't help but look at your surroundings with doubt in your face as your feet led you from one place to another.

You could swear you have passed on this hallway already, as the sign for the library is hanging over the room's doorway. The halls were so quiet that you could only hear your footsteps echoing around the place. There was also no one in sight which made your anxiety grow even worse.

With no one to ask for help, tears started to prick around the end of your eyes.

The thought of crying over a simple thing such as this was silly for you, but you couldn't help it ー you were left alone in the middle of nowhere and couldn't ask someone to help you for simple directions.

You've been wondering if your classroom was in another building, and then decided to go upstairs to go back to the faculty room to hopefully see someone there but only bumped into someone instead. Your eyes closed from the impact and you felt that you hit someone because even though it was hard, it wasn't hard enough like a wall and it was more like a "fleshy" feeling.

"I'm so sorry.." you let out and opened your eyes, only to be surprised to see the same teen from yesterday, "Wait, Ryohei-nii?!"

"Huh?" let out the said teen and looked at you in confusion, "You knew me? Wait, aren't you the girl from yesterday?"

Your eyes widened from the way you called him and only flinched when you felt Ryohei's stare at you. "yes, uh, yeah that's me."

"The way you call me is so familiar though.." Ryohei leaned a little bit closer to your face to observe your features more; He feels that you were someone he knew even before, but couldn't really put a finger in it as some of your features did not match up with the one he had in mind. "...you feel like someone I know, but doesn't look like him."

Him?  you thought, and looked at him in shock only to let out a laugh.

Ryohei was surprised by the sudden laughing, "What's wrong with what I said?"

"Oh god, no way." you let out between your laughs and had to hold your stomach because its starting to ache from your laughter, "You actually thought I was a boy back then!"

Ryohei blinked, processing your words. "...back then?"

You forced yourself to calm down now that you had your laugh. After a few minutes of trying so hard not to let out a single chuckle or giggle again, or even crack out a smile in your lips just to laugh again, you responded, "It's me, (Name)."

"(Last Name) (Name)?" Ryohei asked, your whole name rolling off from his tongue and he watched you nod in response.

A big, warm smile made its way into your lips, "Yep, that's me!" you beamed at him.

"You were a girl?!" he let out in confusion, you could see the imaginary question marks surrounding him as Ryohei looked at you. You only let out some giggles from his reactions and proceeded to properly explain why you had such an appearance as a child.

Ryohei listened to your story, and believed your story since you also told him how the two of you met and his sister.

"Okay, I understand." Ryohei hummed in response, nodding as he crossed his arms. "but it's been a while since I last saw you, (Name)."

"You were always out whenever I called Kyoko, you know?" you pouted, crossing your arms at Ryohei which he only let out a nervous laugh, "A lot has happened, but I'll make it up for you."

"You better be!" you demanded, only to let out a giggle from your childish act.

Your eyes only focused at the older teen in front of you; He has been staring at you for a while now, and you could see how his gaze softens towards you.

"You've grown quite beautifully after all these years, (Name)."

Warmth only surrounded your cheeks as you looked at him in shock, before shaking your head to discard the thoughts that were flooding in your mind.

Before, when the three of you were younger ー you had a one-sided crush on Ryohei. It was just some puppy love that you have towards the older boy, and those feelings weren't something you were expecting to come back as well.

In embarrassment, your gaze couldn't meet his, "T-Thank you.." Ryohei only chuckled from your response as he brought his hand on the top of your head ー a gesture you loved from him as he would pat you and tell how good you've been or just a simple way to comfort you.

You could feel Ryohei's bandaged fingers running over your (hair color) tresses as he caressed the top of your head. The smile on his face wasn't gone, and only continued to grow wider as you could only look up at him with your curious (eye color) eyes.

The feelings of both admiration and adoration that you had from him back then were starting to come back, as it was the reason why your heart was beating so fast and why your hands were so cold but your cheeks were warm.

There were no words said between the two of you, and the gesture was enough for you.

Ryohei stopped patting your head, but his hand stayed there as you only blinked at him in confusion. His gaze softened once again before letting out;

"Welcome back, (Name)."