2

june 20th, 2016
📍barcelona, spain

"did you hear, neymar's going to be playing in the 2016 olympics?" my best friend luca asked over the phone.

"how lovely. but he can't reach out to me at all for the past 3 years? i mean he blocked my number after HE cheated."

"listen, you're going to have to tell him he's the father of your damn baby at some point. i know it's hard after everything he put you through, but you're gonna have to get it over with sooner or later. you don't want cami to live without a father, do you?" luca asks.

"i mean, no obviously not. but i am too scared to reach out to him. i cant just go around telling people that she's neymar's baby. he already has a son to worry about, and bruna!" i reply.

"i heard him and bruna are done."

"you're kidding me, right?"

"nope, i saw it on the daily mail. i'll send you a link."

just as i was about to open my text, cami started to cry.

"i'll call you back, cami is crying again."

"okay, talk to you later."

i end the call and head upstairs and begin to bounce cami on my hip as she continues to cry. cami was teething, so she didn't feel good at all.

i decided to go get her a bottle. 

i handed her a teething toy and laid her down in the crib.

i mixed the formula in with the water, and heated it up in the microwave. while it was heating, i grabbed a banana off the white marble countertops in the kitchen. while eating, i picked up my phone from the couch. i opened the link luca sent me.

luca <3
yikes! 😬
www.dailymail.co.uk

i open the link with a shocked expression on my face.

"Bruns Has Made Her Marq! Neymar and Bruna Marquezine's relationship has come to a end right before the 2016 Olympics!"

holy shit. i thought to myself.

then, the microwave beeps.

i take the bottle upstairs and hand it to cami. wow she was getting so big. i smiled as she finished her bottle. i placed it on her nightstand, and held her for a few more minutes until she fell asleep. i placed her down in her crib, and decided to take a cute photo with my perfect baby.

 i placed her down in her crib, and decided to take a cute photo with my perfect baby

@luciana.alves
my beautiful creation 💓
4:02 pm

view comments
@marina_alves: oh my gosh she's so perfect
————— @luciana.alves: i know, right??

@luca.gomezz: i love this damn baby
————— @luciana.alves: same she's so cute

@luciana_alves_fans: OMGGG BABY CAMILA!
liked by luciana.alves

view more comments

10:15 pm
a few hours pass, and marina gets home from work. i still was living with her, and i knew i needed to get my own place, but i loved living with marina. it gave me some comfort that i never knew i needed. i don't think i could live by myself.

marina lived in a 3 bedroom condo in barcelona, right outside of the city. she used to live with a roommate and her boyfriend, but then she kicked them out after they refused to pay for their bills and grocery's.

i thought my stay here was temporary, but it ended up being longer than planned. i could tell marina wanted me to stay there, especially since she surprised me with an entire nursery a few months before cami was born.

the condo was newly renovated, and had the most beautiful interior that matched it perfectly. i also loved the giant grey couch that you just sank into. the flatscreen tv made it even better.

"hi sis, how was work?" i ask.

"hi chica. it was super stressful today. i just started working on two new pieces for kendall and kylie jenner's new clothing line. they're going to need dresses for an upcoming fashion show in italia."

marina had decided to follow in the footsteps of our parents, and design clothes. she was very artistic from a young age, and had always been designing and making things. she went to university for two years to study fashion and design, but dropped out because she thought it was "too stressful". eventually, she started a small business which gained a lot of attention from big designer brands. eventually she started traveling all across the world to design dresses, shirts, skirts, purses, all you can imagine. she is a very busy girl.

me on the other hand, i haven't modeled in about 6 months. i decided to focus on my daughter for now. hopefully i can start modeling and acting again soon.

i pulled up the daily mail article, "ok so i know you're going to freak out, but look at this."

i handed marina my phone. immediately her draw dropped to the floor.

"oh my god. luciana, you have to tell neymar! this is the perfect time! please tell him, you need to!" she shouts.

"marina, i cant just show up and tell him. i don't even know where he is right now. how would i know how to reach him?" i ask.

"just call him, duh!" she replies.

"he blocked me, don't you remember?" i ask.

marina rolls her eyes.

"luciana, you have to get in contact with him somehow. you cant just avoid this forever!" she shouts.

she was right. i couldn't just continue to ignore the situation. but i didn't have enough courage to find out how to contact him. he probably was having a stressful time. i didn't want to pester him right now. it just felt wrong.

"marina, i'll have to process this all. he definitely doesn't want to hear about his mysterious daughter right now. i'll find the courage to tell him eventually." i say.

marina sighs, "well suit yourself. i'm going to go upstairs and shower. do you want to watch a movie when i'm done?"

"yes of course, i'll get you some wine while you're up there."

"you're the best little sister ever." she gives me a kiss on the forehead and jumps up from the couch, heading upstairs.

i smile, and grab the red wine from the liquor cabinet. i pick up a clean glass from the dishwasher, and head over to the couch. i grabbed myself a water bottle, since i didn't drink. i place the wine and glass down on the white coffee table. i hear a buzz come from my phone, and i assume it's a text from either my parents or luca.

@neymarjr started following you: 2s ago

i blinked, and swallowed hard. did he just fucking follow me on instagram?

authors note: hi! hope you all are enjoying. i'm gonna post a second chapter here in a few. hope you all liked this one.

-S