Chapter Seventeen - Milo

~ One Week After Chapter Fifteen ~ 

"So this is why it will be beneficial and you should listen to me."

"I don't know baby girl it is a lot."

"Come on please, it is all I want."

Time for the show. I start to give him puppy eyes. And he stops eye contact with me... got him. I look around my father's office and see my brothers and mom smirking knowing that the man who hates dogs is about to fold and allow me to get one.

"Okay baby girl, however this is your dog I want nothing to do with it."

That is what they all say.

~ Five Hours Later ~

"Twiny!"

"Yes Enzo?"

"We have been two twelve different shelters. Seriously just pick one."

"Enzo, picking a dog takes time I will know it is my dog when I see it."

I haven't found the one and honestly this is making me kind of depressed looking at all these animals without a home. Yes I know I kill for a living but I draw the line at animals. I mean the are innocent in this world. 

For as long as I remember I have wanted a dog. I do not really know why I just have always wanted one, something that I can always count on and will never betray me. 

As we are walking along the last hallway in the shelter I see out of the corner of my eye a black dog. 

As I turn to look at the black dog I know. This is my dog. 

The lady who owns the shelter looks at me and says, "This dog is really special to me he has not been able to find any owners and has been here pretty much since he was born he was rescued after a family abused him and we brought him here and helped this little guy get better. He is about a year old because we do not know his actual birthday we tried to guess the best to our abilities. He has been here since he was about four months old."

"This is my dog. Hello Milo."

~ Two Hours Later ~

Enzo, my mother, Sebastian, and Leonardo are all currently playing with my new dog and I never thought this was possible. 

My mother came up to me, "So sister I got to say this is a great dog, I am really glad you where able to convince your dad.."

"Me too."

"So listen, I need to talk to you about a few things is it okay if we go sit at the patio?"

"Yeah absolutely."

As we walk to the patio my mind is racing I really hope that I did not upset her gosh what could she want to talk about.

"So sweetheart I wanted to talk about the mafia."