Chapter 2

Kane

 Rain lept to his feet and wrapped his hands around the hilt of his blade, facing the hall. Kane, seeing this, grabbed his cleaver. From the corner of his eyesight, he spotted a karambit land by his side. Ciara was soon next to him, holding the weapon.

  Stella was the last to rise, as she was busy putting Lance on her head. She summoned her spell book, and went to be at Rain's side.

  Then, a calm, female voice came echoing down the hall. "Dear goodness put your blades at rest my warriors." Nobody had heard her voice before. There was no glimmer of recognition in any of the Endstone Crusaders' eyes.

The footsteps continued down the hall, and the woman kept talking. "Considering the fact that you are in my home, and I am more powerful than all of you, I would put the weapons..."

She emerged from arround the corner.

"...AWAY."  The woman was a blond, her hair pulled over her shoulder in a braid. Her clothes were darker than night, and she had a golden clip placed on her chest. A cape made of an ancient banner from the End flowed behind her, along with lots of books. 

However, it was clear that the most noticeable thing about the seemingly young woman, was that she had ender eyes.

Kane decided it would be best to put the weapons away, so that is what he did. Ciara and Stella did the same, but Rain kept his weapon were it was.

"Dragon Tamer," the woman said. "Put my sister's sword down, dear lord. I'm not going to hurt you, unless you hurt me."

"GWEN!" Lance practically flew off Stella's head, jumped on Rain's, and then landed on "Gwen's" staff.

"Lance, why are you pretending to be excited to see me?" Gwen asked, as she picked up Lance and placed him on the wooden table.

"I am not pretending, thank you," Lance said "I am genuinely happy to see my old friend."

"Hang on," Kane interrupted their conversation. "You guys are friends?"

"You knew eachother?" Ciara added.

"Yes!" Lance replied. "This is the arch enchantress Gwendolyn. We were the best of friends when we were younger."

"Before you went insane, driven by power, and attacked the entire kingdom of the End?" Gwen said, giving the frog a side look. "For heaven's sake Rain! Put the weapon down!"

"How in the world do you know my name?" Rain asked, finally lowering his greatsword.

"It isn't exactly a secret who you guys are," Gwen replied. She then pointed at Kane. "That's Kane. Stella. And Ciara."

"Let me get this straight," Kane sat across from Gwen at the table. "This is your home."

"Mhm."

"And you and the talking frog know each other."

"Mhmm."

"And you were Ceris' sister?"

"Yes. They weren't just stories. Ceris is actually here, right now."

"WHAT?" Lance yelled at the top of his lungs.

"I'm with Lance," Ciara said. "Ceris is here, right now?"

"She isn't dead?" Stella added.

Gwen laughed, "Ceris? Dead!? That's the best joke I've heard in years! Goodness, no she isn't dead."

"But she's here?" Kane asked

"Well..." Gwen thought for a second. "Not exactly. She's somewhere else, but she is watching us right now."