A Lost Pixie: G.I. Joe: Life's Changes and New Beginnings Part 2

The silent woman checked in her dull-covered bag after the big guy handed over her art book while he went to the front with the others, attempting to ensure everything was still there

The silent woman checked in her dull-covered bag after the big guy handed over her art book while he went to the front with the others, attempting to ensure everything was still there. However, there was no telling what the Doctor would have claimed from the bag's contents before she found her stolen treasure. She wasn't missing the things she would say were valuable items, which was something she was thankful for.

Duke took to driving many back roads. His goal was to find a place deep in the woods suitable for them to rest for the night; however, the small woman thought he just needed something else to focus his mind on. The others bunkered down, opting for the more comfortable front seats, with today's events leading them to the topsy-turvy world they were in until sleep consumed them one by one. She nor the other light-headed driver were as lucky as the rest.

The woman tried to let sleep claim her, but it was always short-lived. She couldn't feel comfortable enough to sleep despite knowing who the people she was traveling with currently and them saving her. She knew it couldn't be because of the cold nipping at her bare, bruised, fair skin or the metal caging her. She had become accustomed to these things. Perhaps, it was reality settling in, reminding her of the lack of cumin contact she had lacked for so long that was the problem. The many questions, worries, and fears eating away her mind could have been the problem. It could be a combination of it all.

She didn't have a definite answer. All she knew was that when her hazel-green orbs closed, they would snap open again with the slightest sound or bump. When it wasn't that, the various questions, fears, and worries in her mind drifted to keep her orbs open. She questioned if she made the right decision trusting these people. What she knew of them was only a cartoon. She posed that if this were all a coma-induced dilution, she would never escape from back home, or worse, she was still in the nightmare lab and had lost her mind at last. Different scenarios played out in her mind, each more imposable than the next while she lay curled in the back alone on one of the metal benches, using her purse as a makeshift pillow. She was so lost in her mind that she never noticed the truck come to a stop nor the thuds of heavy boots on metal that came many minutes later.

When Duke's husky, tired voice broke through her raging mind when he noticed her still awake, she was relieved, "We'll be resting her for tonight."

While he spoke, he kept his voice low not to disturb the others' sleeping and lay on the opposite bench. The female rolled over to observe the platinum blonde as a distraction for herself, using her knotted dirty blonde hair as a cover. It had grown to the point that it was at her knees since she was with Mindbender. He was relaxed on his back, using a large arm as a pillow while the other rested on his abdomen, staring at the roof. His one knee was bent, and she noted he never bothered to close his light blue eyes. Her eyes trailed over her bulging muscles, but still, not overbuilt form, surprised realistic they all looked. The cartoon gave enough detail to show the idea of the person's build and features, but what she has seen would be described as realistic 3D art of the cartoon. His eyes made her breathless. The shade of blue couldn't compare to anything she had seen, and they held a combination of emotions.