ᥴꫝꪖρꪻꫀ᥅ ꪮꪀꫀ

All that could be heard was the small droplets dripping onto the surface of the lake, or the grass swaying quietly in the wind.

A lone na'vi boy by the name of Zarian sat near the edge of a lake, dangling his legs into the shallow of the water. His oddly short and unkept hair hung over his yellow eyes that stared at the ripples of the water expressionlessly. One of his hands were enveloped in water, the boys blue skin lightly glazed over by the reflections of the lake, which was rather pretty in the little lone na'vi's opinion.

The boy furrowed his eyebrows his eyes searching for anyone. In return, there was nothing. It had been that way since his mother had abandoned him, left him to fend for himself. Zarian hadn't eaten in days, not having the energy to move from the quiet area he staked out in.

He hadn't known his father. He had died before he was born, fighting in a Great War between the na'vi  and the Sky People. At least that's what his mother had said. She claimed that he was a fierce warrior, and that Zarian was a lot like him. The young boy wasn't so sure. But how would he know? He had never met his father and it was very obvious that he'd never get the chance to either.

The crack of a stick broke the calm environment.

The boy's ears shot up, twisting his body and glaring to where he heard the noise. His pierced daggers into the not-so-na'vi-like adults with his eyes. He stood, licking over his teeth before hissing at the others. The adults slowed the pace they were walking at in a supposedly calming sense. It failed.

Zarian reached quickly for his hand-made bow, aiming an arrow at the others in a threatening way as his ears lowered and his tail thumped against his leg.

"It's alright! We're not here to hurt you kid."  The one at the front spoke in a soft and confident manner.

As if he was gonna believe that.

"Why should I trust you?" Zarian questioned, hinting at the others to explain further.

"We're only here to help, okay?" "We'll explain everything on the way to are base."

The little boy raised an eyebrow at that. What was a base?

"And what if I don't? What will you do? Skin me to the bone... Eat me alive?!" His accent thickened with each word that he muttered out his mouth. "Go ahead, try. We'll see how far you get before I kill each and every one of you skxwangs." He spat daringly, surprising the adults due to how you he was.

"We'll explain everything if you just come with us. It's dangerous out here you could get seriously hurt-" One from the back stepped forward in impatiently.

"You think I don't know that? I live here. Unlike you." Zarian shot back, looking the man up and down grimacing. His hand gripped on the wood of the bow, squinting his eyes at the adults.

"Listen... You could help us out a lot. So if you would like to get out of here, we'd be happy to help."

Zarian lifted his head higher, taking a deep breathe. "What's really in it for me...?" He considered.

"Safety, food, water, an education. Revenge..."

The last word the other muttered, couldn't be picked up by any regular sky person. But of course, with Zarian's good hearing he had heard. He didn't bother question it, scared that the chance for a new, happy life might be passed up. So he nodded, lowering his bow.

"That's it, atta' boy!"

"Come on, we don't bite."

He strutted over head hanging low and muttered: "I do."

(ALRIGHT.

Hope you liked it. I was not planning on publishing this right now but I guess I just felt like it. 👹

This isn't we're it gets interesting, it's more how Zarian knows you know... Quaritch and all once he older so yea.

It'll get to meeting the Sully's in a couple chapters.

Thanks for reading. - Me, myself and I.)