Prologue: A History in the Keeping

Magic surrounds every creature in the world. Some do not know how to use their magic, and some have harnessed the energy of magic to give happiness and spread life throughout Hilatishimak. However, others have not.

Of the powerful magic, there exists nine types of magic. Fire, the Art of Flames. Water, the Art of Waves. Air, the Art of Wind. Earth, the Art of Rocks. Lightning, the Art of Storms. Nature, the Art of Plants. Dark, the Art of Death. Light, the Art of Life. Chaos, the Art of Unknowing. These types of magic are the building blocks of all life for humans and other creatures. Thousands have found happiness and prosperity from the magic. And others, have found death and suffering.

Wars were waged in the ancient times, when little was known about life and its workings. But, soon after these wars. Humans were able to find something to keep peace. Separation. Separation from the other people. The were-people, a race that has the ability to transform into animals. The angels, a race that could fly and glide with great wings from their backs. The humans, a race of powerful intellect and ingenuity. And, the Harbringers, a race with bodies made of metal and rocks. The four leaders of the races came together and decided areas and territories to separate the races, so that no wars would ever be fought again.

The races separated into their territories and grew distant from one another. Each race losing history and culture from the other races. As their distance from each other grew, as did their hate for one another. The people of each race began despising the others races. And finally, the only memories and histories of the other races, were those of battles and evilness, creating even more hatred for one another.

Though the races hated each other, peace was kept. The hatred was only left boiling inside the people of the races.

Technology and life progressed. The invention of the bow and the invention of the spear and longsword. However, something happened in the human's territory, and suddenly progression of life stopped. Sickness and plague grew over the human land and death was imminent among all.

But, before death could reach all of the humans, a great leader rose to power. Ak'. Ak' the Healer. He used his great knowledge and power of Light magic to spread a healing spell over the entire land, saving those ill and destroying the plague forever. In doing this spell, he gave his entire essence magic, and was left with none afterwards. At first, he felt accomplished and was a savior. The humans even elected him their first King. King Ak' the Healer. The humans were unwise with forming a monarchy to rule over them. Before King Ak', each human governed themselves and small governments and communities ruled over their own land.

But, now that King Ak' the Healer had power he demolished these small communities and built large cities and towns. He began his ruling as one loved by all. However, as time grew, he grew greedy. He wanted magic. He wanted his magic back. However, he knew he would never be able to receive his magic back, for he had used it all on saving his people. If he could not use magic, then he would not let others use magic. He issued a decree of banning. He banned magic for all humans. Any human caught using magic would be executed.

Soon after his decree, he realized that his people were simply using magic in places, that they could not be found. They were not following his law. So, he created a new law. When each human baby is born, they would be given a small needle inserted into their stomach. This needle would drain away all magic invested inside their body. The needle was called, The Ak' Needle.

After the Ak' Needle Order was given, magic disappeared from the human territory. As did Ak' the Healer. His first born son rose to power and became Ak' the Second.

Time goes on in the other kingdoms and the kingdoms prospered. Electing their own kings and queens and making majestic cities and kingdoms. But, this story is not over yet.