💙New Year's💜

(Human AU)

⚠️TW: Slight mention of STDs

Character Ages: 16 years

~

December 31st, 3:42 pm.

Amity Blight stands on top of the ladder, hanging streamers above the doorway to the kitchen for the Blight Family New Years Party. Edric and Emira stand beside the ladder, snickering as they both nudge it.

"Can you guys stop that? You're going to make me fall." She says, holding on to the ladder. Her older brother chuckles. "Don't worry, Mittens. If you fall, we'll catch you." He says smugly. Emira gives her a cheeky look. "Or maybe Luz~ will catch you."

Amity felt her cheeks turn red, but she kept her composure. "Ha-ha," she says sarcastically, "nice try. Luz isn't coming until tonight." She says, hammering a nail into the wall to hold the streamers.

"Ooooh~" Edric coos. "You excited? Gonna get all smooch-y with your new girlfriend?" He teases. Amity sighs. "Wasn't planning on it, no." She says.

"What? You don't want to New year's kiss your girlfriend?" Edric asks, shocked. Amity shakes her head. "I haven't even regular-kissed her."

Saying that was her first mistake.

"WHAT?!" Edric exclaims. "How have you not kissed her yet. Y'all have been dating for a while." He says.

"It's only been a month." Amity says.

"Exactly! Your 30-day kiss!" Edric says, shaking the ladder. Amity holds on tightly. "Edric!"

Edric stops, laughing evilly. Emira watches her sister with a look of disappointment. "Mittens, you're seriously lagging. When I was your age, I had already kissed a quarter of the kids in my grade."

Amity and Edric both snicker. "Emira," Amity says, "when you were my age, you got herpes." She says. Edric snickers some more, while Emira watches with an angered expression. "Okay, but that wasn't my fault."

"To be fair Em," Edric says between his fits of giggles. "We all told you that Kissing Booth was a bad idea." He says to his twin. Emira scoffs. "Yeah, but since when do I listen to you guys?"

Amity chuckles. "Since you participated in a Kissing Booth and got herpes."

Emira rolls her eyes while her siblings laugh.

"Okay, not talking about me anymore." Emira says. "Mittens, you not kissing Luz is a bigger deal than you're making it."

"I argue that this isn't as big a deal as you're making it." Amity says. "So what if Luz and I haven't kissed yet? We're taking it slow. Doesn't slow and steady win the race?"

"More like 'Slow and steady breaks up'." Edric says, earning himself a smack from Emira. "Don't listen to him, Mittens. His definition of 'Slow and Steady' isn't the same as yours."

Amity only nods and goes back to hammering, now deep in thought, while Emira gives Edric a dirty look.

~time skip~

December 31st, 6:37 pm. Guests were arriving for the party, each with snacks and drinks to eat and drink while they celebrate the end of the year. While Alador answers the door, Amity sits in her room while the twins rummage through her closet.

"Guys, there's no use changing. She's going to be here any second." She says to them. Emira scoffs. "Please, like we're letting you have an NYK in those rags."