𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔲𝔢

Victoria Pevensie has always felt like an outsider, even in her own family.

She never felt called to be a leader like Peter. She was never intelligent and logical like Susan. Nor was she ever as witty and seamlessly sarcastic as Edmund. Or even as imaginative as her youngest sister, Lucy.

When the children had their first adventure in Narnia, she was even further discouraged by receiving no gift from Father Christmas. She knew he had forgotten her, but he covered it well for the others at least.

Victoria knew the Narnian's never valued her as much as her siblings. She knew why she was often mistaken as an adviser rather than a monarch herself.

She was invisible, in the eyes of her people and of her siblings themselves. She knew she was nothing in the eyes of anyone and she has always been comfortable with that.

What she failed to notice all those years, was how Peter valued her positivity even when she quietly spoke. Susan always admired her beauty and way with words that she failed to possess herself. Edmund had always yearned to be as kind and caring as his oldest sister. And Lucy, saw the girl as a goddess. She was her role model and greatest inspiration.

Victoria Pevensie failed to see these things because her siblings failed to express them.

Ever time Peter tried to encourage her, she would shrug it off and put herself down. Every times Susan tried to compliment her sister's beauty, the girl would laugh and offer her a much better worded compliment. Edmund often tried to show his appreciation for her kind actions but she would always tell him it was what anyone would do. And Lucy always tried to tell her sister how much she looked up to her, but Victoria would always tell her that she was nothing special.

Although they had a complicated relationship, Victoria did feel somewhat seen more by her siblings than by anyone else. She knew they loved her, she just refused to acknowledge how much.