Fifth Memory

"So you'll come over?" I asked again.

"Yes, I'll be there in five."

I was left alone in the house because mum went to a friends house for a movie night and Gemma had gone out with her friends. And it was getting darker out and I just didn't like the silent house. So... I invited Louis. I did text mum about it and she had said it was fine. I didn't want her thinking the wrong ideas.

Louis had arrived in exactly five minutes and I think he did come here running. His hair was a bit messy and he almost looked breathless. And well, I always speak my mind so I asked him: "did you come here running?"

"I wouldn't say running, more like... fast walking?" He smiled and I laughed.

"Thanks, Lou, for coming here. What should we do?" I asked him.

He looked around and then stopped.
"Are we allowed to touch those gingerbread houses?"

I looked towards the kitchen and shrugged. I didn't even know we had those.
"There are four boxes. Let's just do one."

He nodded and then we were walking to the kitchen. He took the box and set it on the counter.

"Have you ever done a gingerbread house before?" He asked me.

"No. I've always wanted to though."

"Me and my sisters make a competition every year. Usually I end up winning." He said grinning.

"You must be really good then."

He nodded. "Really good."

He took out everything from the box and opened it with a knife.

"Alright. Let's divide the work. What do you wanna do? Put the frosting or hold the pieces together?" Louis asked and looked at me.

"I'll hold them together." I decided.

He cut the tip of the frosting and started setting it up.
"Grab whichever wall you want first and we'll go from there."

I grabbed the front of the house and set it on the little cardboard. Louis put some frosting on the bottom then at the sides for the other two walls.

"Hold it there for a second." He murmured but I was already doing that.

"Can you eat this frosting?" I wondered and he shrugged.

I decided to test it out and licked some frosting from the cardboard. I think it tasted edible.

"Harry it's going lopsided." Louis said when he finished putting frosting on one of the walls.

I laughed and fixed it, he connected the side with the front.

"This is way easier with two people." He commented while he did the other wall.

"Yeah. My jobs pretty easy." I said with a grin.

"You do the back wall." He then said, concentrating on connecting the side wall to the front evenly.

I didn't comment on it, I supposed it was gonna be easy since the other walls were already put together.

"Here, put frosting on the bottom and then at the sides like we did on the first one." He showed me.

I took hold of the frosting and started pressing down on it. Why was it hard? My hands were trembling.

"So much is coming out." He sarcastically said with a laugh.

"Piss off." I murmured and finally the frosting was coming out so I quickly moved it towards where it needed to go.

It was messy and bumpy but at least it was something. I connected it with the other two walls and made sure everything was sealed. Louis kept taking care of that with the frosting since I had given up on working with that.

"Now the roof... it's usually the hardest part." He said.

"I think the hardest part for me was pressing the frosting out."

"We all have our differences Harry." He smiled.

"Anyway, but we luckily have this little piece of cardboard to help the roof stay up." He demonstrated the cardboard, it had snowflakes on it.

He took one of the pieces of the roof and put frosting all over. I watched from the side, discretely licking more frosting from the cardboard without him looking.

"Hold it here." He told me and I flinched because I thought he caught me. Then he went to do the other side.

"Do you think it'll fall if I let go?" I said after a while.

"Most likely so don't let go." His voice was lower as he was concentrating on placing the other side perfectly.

Then he put the cardboard piece over the roof to help it stay up so I removed my hands.

The house looked steady but neither of us really knew if the roof was steady as well. At least it was decent.

"Decoration time!" He exclaimed and I smiled.

There were green Christmas trees, candy canes, peppermints, some colourful dots, random candies I don't know the names of. A large variety.

I took two Christmas trees and managed to put frosting on them. I glued them at the front of the house. Louis placed the peppermints at the top of the roof carefully. Then we spread the dots around the house as if it was colourful snow. We decorated the rest of the walls with the other candies in random ways. It was unique, you could say.

We looked at the house after it was finished.

"What do you say about taking out the roof cardboard piece?" Louis looked at me.

"Wait! Let me take a picture first. Just in case." I said.

After I took the picture, Louis slowly took out the roof holder and we stared at the house intensely, waiting to see if any disaster happens.

"I think the house is okay." Louis whispered.

"Why are you whispering?" I whispered back.

"In case the house hears me."

After a minute, we both turned away.
"Anyway, that was fun. Everything went perfect."

And as soon as he finished that sentence, we heard something fall from behind us.

We turned around in a blink and the house was completely destroyed. The roof was down, all the four walls came down as well because of the roof. Some decoration pieces even managed to fall to the ground.

"Oh come on!" Louis said from beside me.

I laughed and said, "at least I took a picture?"

He agreed and we tried cleaning everything up before we gave up and went to chill in the living room until mum arrived and wondered why there was so much candy and frosting in the kitchen. Louis and I both laughed again.