Daisy and Lucinda Part 4 (Edited)

Daisy narrows her eyes at him. "Even though he may be a pain sometimes, he's still my friend, Doctor. The only one who stuck by me since I took in Lucinda..." She looks over his shoulder to see the head melting on the console. "And now you're just going to let his head melt?"

"Melt?" His eyes widen, turning to look at the head then rushes over. "Oh, no, no, no, no, no!"

"Can you still follow the signal?" Daisy grabs onto the rail as Lucinda places down the book to grab onto the captain's seat as the Tardis takes off.

"It's fading." He replies, turning the scanner to face him. "Wait a minute, I've got it! No, no, no, no, no, no, no! Almost there, almost there...here we go!"

The Tardis lands, and the Doctor runs over to the doors.

"Wait for us!" Daisy calls as he steps outside. Her and Lucinda run out the doors after him, grabbing their coats on the way.

"I lost the signal." The Doctor groans. "I got so close!"

Daisy notices they're right near the Thames as she zips up Lucinda's coat. "The Tardis must have landed us here for a reason."

"How is Mickey?" Lucinda asks suddenly as she remembers Daisy and the Doctor talking about him before.

Daisy glances at the Doctor before looking back at her with a soft expression knowing she can't tell Lucinda the truth that they simply do not know. "He's going to be just fine, Lucy."

She tilts her head at them. "But a few moments ago, you two were..."

"Forget what we said." The Doctor tells her.

"Anyway, if you're an alien, how come you sound like you're from the North?" Daisy asks him so they can change the conversation.

The Doctor sees she is trying not to let Lucinda get worried and goes along with her plan. "Lots of planets have a north."

"And the Tardis?" She gestures to it with her head. "Has it always been disguised as a police box?"

"No." He shakes his head, poking Lucinda on the nose playfully just to see her grin and laugh. "Took a trip to 1950's and the circuit got stuck."

"And the plastic people?" Lucinda asks. "Why London?"

"Nothing." He grins at her. "It loves you humans. You've got such a good planet. Lots of smoke and oil, plenty of toxins and dioxins in the air, perfect. Just what the Nestene Consciousness needs. Its food stock was destroyed in the war, all its protein plants rotted, so Earth...dinner!"

Daisy glares at him. A glare that would have killed him if looks could kill. "Doctor!"

He gulps and almost cowards away from her. "Sorry."

"Anyway of stopping them?" Lucinda looks at him with a curious glint in her eyes, not one bit of fear showing.

The Doctor takes out a tube full of a glowing blue substance. "Anti-plastic."

Daisy looks at it with narrowed eyes, remembering herself to speak to him later about what not to say in front of a child and what to say that won't confuse Lucinda. "Right...and how are we going to find them to use it?"

"That's a good question." He nods at her with a proud look. "How can you hide something that big in a city this small?"

"I'm guessing you mean the thing that is controlling all the mannequins?" Lucinda comments though it comes out as a question.

"Yes, exactly!" The Doctor agrees. "The Consciousness is controlling every single piece of plastic, so it needs a transmitter to boost the signal."

Lucinda looks at something behind them. "What does it look like?"