𝟬𝟬𝟯. given-taken.

━ ❝ ❪ chapter three ꒱ given-taken. ❫ ɞ˚˙

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

LUNCH BREAK HADN'T ARRIVED AT A BETTER TIME as Myeong made her way to the outside area of campus, the sun shining bitterly against her silken skin – yet it gave her a sense of comfort as the radiant planet gifted the habitants of the Earth with a much-needed warmth before the cold would make its central march to the city of Seoul. Her honeyed eyes glanced around the area as students hurriedly made their to the school cafeteria, most likely to grab a portion of pork belly for themselves before the gentle ladies sold out of it – yet others seemed to be thinking the same as the young student by taking a seat under the heating sun.

Arrangements had been made to meet Choi Sua outside once her mathematics class had finished, quickly glanced at her phone to decipher the time it took for her best friend to meet her outside. With a gentle groan escaping her tinted lips, Myeong returned to digging into her bag and brought out a container with kimbap she'd made the night before – taking a sufficient bite of it as soon as a shadow cast over her.

"Do you really have to block the sun?" She questioned with squinted eyes, her mouth barely full with the bite she'd taken moments ago as she glanced at her best friend for a short period of time, rolling her eyes at her the moment she heard Sua complain to herself.

"You don't have to be so rude about it –" She huffed more to herself than anyone else around them, bringing out a packet of chocolate cookies from her backpack and munching on one.

"I wasn't –" She interjected with a nonchalant tone to the girl, flipping her curtain bangs to the side as the sun began tinting her pale complexion once more, her head tilting to the side questioning the sudden change in Sua's usual bright mood. "What has gotten you bothered?"

It took a moment for Sua to reveal the exact reason for her sudden mood drop, the girl pinching the bridge of her nose as she slammed her petite fists down on her thighs – a whining melody escaping her often joyful expression. "Stray kids released their tickets today for their Seoul show, and I couldn't manage to get them because Mrs. Kim decided to confiscate my phone –"

"Stray kids?" Those were the only words that managed to slip past her guarded lips as Myeong raised an accusing eyebrow at the other, a ridiculous sound of internal pain leaving her. "You got your phone confiscated for a set of tickets to see eight boys? Don't we have enough of them here –"

"You don't get it, Kang Myeong!" The girl suddenly exclaimed with a painful whine, causing the brunette to slightly jump in her seat as her fingers tightened around her kimbap.

"Then attempt explaining it to me –" She pressured, taking another bite from her lunch.

She wiped her on-growing tears from her eyes, pouting her bottom lip outwards as she turned to face her best friend – a session Myeong had been better off without. "They aren't just eight Korean boys. They are the most handsome set of eight boys with undeniable talent –"