CHAPTER 0: WHAT A FISH DREAMS OF...

Long ago, in the cloudy skies to the west...

Before the time of Lagarian civilization, there was a prophecy of two great beasts that held the balance of night and day together. The two forces lived in harmony with one another— neither one showed its face to the world, neither one started conflict, neither one even knew of the other's existence. The prophecy mentioned stories of a great clash between the beasts, and a disaster caused by an error in the balance between the two, one that broke said balance entirely and caused them to finally meet face to face.

Solgaleo, the beast of day, the deity of the sun. Taking the form of a lion, with its mane looking like flares of sunlight around its noble head. Its iron heart brought light and order to the nine continents.

Lunala, the beast of night, the deity of the moon. Taking the form of a giant bat, with its wings looking like the curvature of the moon itself. Its silent heart brought darkness and silence to the nine continents.

As individuals, these two great beasts worked to help life prosper across the world. Together however, they were never meant to coexist.

Hundreds of years ago, the prophecy took place. The two beasts had a disagreement with each other, engaging in a divine turf war with one another. While Solgaleo was said to be the instigator, there's no evidence to prove who started it— all that matters is it happened.

The world in its entirety was torn piece by piece; from Nohen to Nisshu, no place was safe. The battle mostly took place in the far west, just across the ocean north of Nohen and west of Kalyria, making the two continents the most dangerous place for the era's survivors. The two beasts rampaged day and night without end, neither taking so much as a moment to rest and recover. They were savage, using any tool they could in an attempt to kill one another, no matter what it was.

The cause of their aggression remains unknown, as is the cause of most of what happened. Before this great battle happened, the people of the nine continents merely assumed this to be nothing more than myth.

Unfortunately, as with all tragic prophecies, they always come true and ruin things for everyone.

After years of conflict and destruction, one of the beasts finally fell. Solgaleo, the beast of day, was brutally killed by Lunala. Its head was torn straight from its body, both of which falling into the great seas below as they fell. Lunala, despite gaining massive injuries, stood victorious. The day quite quickly turned to night within the area and Lunala fled back to the dimension of which it came, Ultra Space.

After years of pain, suffering, death, everything you could think of, the world finally thought there was peace. It celebrated, people moved back to their original homes, civilizations started to form up again. It was great, but short lived. It didn't take long before researchers started noticing something strange happening at the old battle grounds. A bizarre distortion of sorts, like the world started to become almost... Corrupted.

It didn't take long before sightings of Lunala itself started to get reported, along with tales of people who went to investigate mysteriously going missing. Yet that wasn't even the worst of it. Strange chunks of floating land started to appear out of what can only be described as some sort of portal or wormhole of sorts. The wildlife on them looked foreign, otherworldly, completely alien. It was more than that however. The floating masses of land started to appear more frequently, the fabric of reality bending around it as these chunks of land began to float, suspended in the air.

More and more strange things kept happening— the more that did, the more unexplainable it became. Six moons formed over the new land, each one of a different colour. Red, yellow, green, blue, purple and silver. Each one holding energy that it shines down onto the small sections of land below it like no other ordinary moon, doing so regardless of if it was day or night.