𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐚

ME AND MAISIE BOTH STEP OUT OF THE CAR

ME AND MAISIE BOTH STEP OUT OF THE CAR. WE'RE BOTH DIRECTED TO THE PLANE WHICH IS STARING AT US.
IT WASN'T JUST ANY PLANE.. IT WAS A BIOSYN ONE.

while we walk towards it without any choice and a woman stares at us. i assumed that she was the pilot.

usually planes were my worse fear - until aiden came into the picture; but even without him i still have that nerve racing in my mind.
we board the plane and take our seats, maisie takes the window seat while i took the isle seat.

as soon as we sat the plane began to move, my leg continued to bounce wondering why we'd be going to biosyn.

we sit in the same position for hours awaiting our fate.
then the plane lands.

maisie hasn't spoke a word to me since the bridge incident and for the first time in about four hours she says something.

"you said i was going someplace safe." she points out

"you are." the woman responds with absolutely no emotion in her voice

the plane door opens and we both step out.

"walk to the car." the woman says

"no." me and maisie say in sync

"it's not a choice."

on our way to the car we see the same pilot from earlier watching us.

"what's with the girls?" i overhear
"not your problem."

we get closer to the car and a man opens it for us.

dear god.

AFTER HAVING A LITTLE VISIT TO CLAIRE'S FRIEND FRANKLIN, WE'RE BACK ON THE MOVE.

we drive through the roads of malta in hope to find both maisie and hazel. i'm sat in the middle of claire and owen, both of their knees bopping up and down - mine included. i couldn't imagine the stress they're both under; both of their daughters kidnapped! i mean how much anxiety could that cause?
anyways we get out the car once we reach the destination to to find owen's former co-worker.

we walk through the streets until we hear a distant.

"owen!" and he welcomes him with a hug

"hi claire." he welcomes

he looks at me

"aiden." i say as i stick out my hand for him to shake.

"hey, man." he smiles and shakes it

"i thought you would've chose a quieter line of work." claire questions

"i tried. my cousin and i opened a café. i lasted three weeks..." he looks at owen "the way the world is headed its hard to look away." and he cuts right to the chase.

"deltacourt was hired by soyona santos, a broker in the underground dinosaur trade... we don't have intel on this cargo." he says while walking through the crowds of civilians "but once they made the exchange, we'll see what they know about your girl."

"girls." claire corrects "they've got hazel too." she informs

he holds a sad emotion on his face and then again cuts to the chase.

"you can listen in, but promise me you will not make contact." he hands all three of us earpieces.

"no..." claire tells him

he looks at our trio and says "quais, c'est ça." which i assumed translated to "docks, that's it."

to be fair i hadn't been listening in my french lessons so i'd assumed it was that.

we continue our journey.

"there's a big underground market for dinosaurs now: europe, middle east, northern africa... it all comes through here." we approach the door as claire puts something in the man lying against the doors cup and we all open the door observing the atmosphere.

"don't look at anyone. don't talk to anyone. just try to blend in." he advises

we walk into the area where all the noise was coming from to be welcomed by chanting and yelping dinosaurs.

we walk past a woman sat by a cage and watching us walk by.
she knew we were outsiders by the look on her face.

owen and barry leave the underground market and me and claire are left on our own.

she went to use the restroom so i did the same walking into the gents room.

i walk out of the cubicle to go wash my hands.

"alright there, son?" i hear a british accent from behind me

"yeah, fine." i say without looking up

"you sure? because i don't think you belong here." he continues

"oh, don't worry, i'm all good. just passing by." i lie and rush out the restroom to see claire following that same woman who was eyeing us as we walking past.

she follows her and pulls out a picture.

"they're all alone." claire states

"those your daughters?" she asks

"yes."

"sorry, i can't get involved." i furrow my brows as i walk up to claire and we watch her leave.

"claire, we'll find them." i reassure her earring a smile from her, we're snapped out of the conversation when we hear something through our earpiece.

"target on the move."

there's some some silence while we wait for another response.

"claire, aiden, he's heading underground. see him?"

"yeah, i got him." claire mutters

we creep our way round watching his every move until he leaves.

we hide behind a wall while claire listens to the conversation and i look in my pocket checking if i have my pocket knife.

"they're not here." she states

"what?" i almost shout

right as i stand up i hear the commotion of  gun shots.

"shit." claire mutters "we've gotta run." she says grabbing my shoulder and pulling me after running for a distance we begin to walk normally at a somewhat fast pace.

"claire, it's santos the woman in white." i hear through my earpiece.

"i'll find her."

we then begin to walk faster than we already were.