𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 most ancient house of Black

For many people, this was enough to make them shudder and take a look over their shoulder. They feel unsafe, watched and criticized, like they would be punished with the worst punishment for simply breathing. Other people would take extra care, they would watch out for a simple mistake this family would make, but never find one. They would try to find a way to get into the family, to have the ties they have.

But alas, no one would ever come close to them. While many swore to be apart of the Black family, nothing comes close to being an actual member of the house of Black and holding the name, a name that opens many, but also closes very few doors.

The Black family line is thought to have died out. With the head of the house, Orion Black II, dead and his wife, Walburga Black, stuck as an portrait in their old family house, the only chances of heirs were their sons.

The older son, Sirius Black III, was disowned in 1975 for rejecting the Black's pure-blood ideals and he ran away from home.

Their youngest, Regulus Arcturus Black II, was married but no one ever knew if he had children before he suffered a mysterious tragedy in 1979 that led to his ultimate death.

Only a few knew that two years prior, on the 13th December 1977, Redolpha Black née LeStrange, Regulus' wife, gave birth at the Black Manor in Côte d'Azur to a beautiful, healthy baby girl. Her name was Polaris Redolpha Black, the apple of her father's eye and the most precious being in her mother's life. Named after the brightest star in the nightsky and after her mother who died hours after childbirth.

After her mother's death, Polaris was alone with her father who loved her more than anything in the whole world. Evan Rosier, Polaris' godfather, took her in after her father's death but he, too, was followed by a tragedy in 1980 when he was killed by the auror Alastor Moody in a glorious battle. Her godmother, Pandora Lovegood, took her in after Evan's death but she couldn't look after her the way she should and sadly had to call Kreacher to rescue the then five year old child. Ever since then, Polaris was raised by Kreacher and the portrait of her spiteful grandmother at 12 Grimmauld Place in London. The poor child was followed by death wherever she went and the only person who understood her, met her in 1995 in that very same house.

While some would think it was lonely for Polaris, she would beg to differ.

Her grandmother, as spiteful and hateful as she was, was a smart woman. She was fluent in several languages such as French, Russian, English, Spanish, Latin and German and was happy to teach her only grandchild everything she knew. Aside from languages, the elder woman taught her also the  art of chess and different poker games such as classic Texas Poker and Blackjack.

Kreacher was the one to teach her in other things such as courtesy, which was ironic in Polaris eyes, wandless magic and he helped her with reading and legilimency, an art she has inherited from her mother. Kreacher has told her stories about her father and when she reached her tenth birthday, Kreacher has gifted her the journals from her father.