two lonely people

CH

CH.
TWO

two | lonely people

2

as soon as the both of you entered the school grounds, everyone's eyes started following your steps. there it goes again. stares filled with pity and sorrow. is it because of how exhausted or fatigued you looked? as if a single huff of wind will blow you right across the hallway. no, you could read their minds, it's clear how they agonize over your heart condition, but it will never be clear to you on why they avoid you as much as possible. it's not like you could catch the disease, your other friends — mark lee and so-e could've catched it a long long time ago if that's the case.

nonetheless, you stood your ground. with your chin up, face forward and the corners of your lips forming into a grin. somehow, you always felt confident whenever you walked through the petrifying horrors of high school hallways, with donghyuck. like a brave soldier coming into battle with the sinister atmosphere surrounding the whole Soo man Science High school.

as you enter the classroom, mr. nam was late as usual. you had ample time to catch up with hyuck's friends whom you only see at school. they were always busy with their rich and extravagant lives out of the jail we call school. their names were jaemin, jeno, chenle, jisung and renjun. you weren't exactly close with them, but they were always around so you just had no choice.

unlike mark and so-e who you felt the most comfortable with besides hyuck. although... they don't quite get along well. you presumed it's because of mark's introverted nature, which you respect very much — it's not like we can change people if things don't go our way. "good morning y/n- oh my god you look like you're about to faint." speaking of. mark examined your face, right after bumping into the 5 guys whom you wanted to greet first.

"trust me, mark — i'm alright. hyuck accompanied me already to the clinic, right?" you stated while nudging your elbow with his.

"yeah we already went and we also checked her vitals; seemed pretty good to be honest, she could literally carry me across the hallway if she could."