Becoming a knight

Y/N's POV:
It's been about 4 days since I was taken in by my adoptive mother Asuna. Honestly it isn't too bad, sure I miss my parents deeply but I know they would want me to move on and not stay sad at their death. Just then I heard a knock on my room door.

Asuna: Y/N? It's me Asuna. Get changed while I finish breakfast then we can go to the guild hall.

She said as I got changed into an outfit she got me.

Asuna: You know you look so handsome in that outfit sweetie

She said as I sat down eating my breakfast. As I was eating I see her doing something on her option screen and see something pop up on mine and saw she's adding me onto her friend list which I accept. After eating my food I got ready to leave grabbing my scythe on the way out. I followed her to a huge building which honestly intimidated me abit if I'm being honest.

Asuna: Don't worry you're safe I won't let anything happen.

She said with a smile holding my hand as we walk inside and look around. We eventually head into this huge room with a bunch of knight and a man at the end wearing a red robe who I recognized instantly.

 We eventually head into this huge room with a bunch of knight and a man at the end wearing a red robe who I recognized instantly

He looked at me with slight shock before quickly regaining his composure.

Heathcliff: Asuna who's this you have brought.

Asuna: This is Y/N.

Heathcliff: Interesting I'd like to interview him privately if that's alright.

Asuna: I'm not sure if that's-

Y/N: I accept.

I said cutting Asuna off.

Asuna: Y/N are you sure you can handle this? He can be very intense.

I nod and followed him to an empty area as we sat down. He stares at me abit but just by his voice I knew who he was without fail.

Heathcliff: Ok I think it's clear to both of us you know my identity so I want to make a deal with you.

Y/N: Well it has to be extremely good since your game is literally the reason my parents are dead, Uncle Kayaba.

Heathcliff: If you keep my secret for now I'll will give you whatever you ask that's within my power. And before you say it, I can't bring your parents back.

Y/N: Well I would like it if you could max out my stats so I can't die as easily.

Heathcliff: That should be simple enough.

He said pulling out a portable console of sorts and maxed out my health, attack, defense and speed.

Y/N: Promise me Asuna will stay safe, she's the last person I want dead here, if something happens to her you'll be on my chopping block, Uncle.

I said leaving the room completely powered up and walked back over to Asuna.

Asuna: So how was the conversation?

Y/N: I'd say it went exactly as expected.

I said as Asuna looked confused but I manage to convince her everything is fine. After being welcomed into the knights of the blood oath Kayaba instructed Asuna to train me and for the whole day we trained non stop but I had to hold back so my stat buffs wouldn't get noticed so easily.

Asuna: Wow you learn quickly. You're so great at this Y/N.

She said ruffling my hair and for some reason her doing that reminded me of my mother as I started to tear up and was quickly embraced by Asuna.

Asuna: Let it out Y/N I'm here for as long as you need me and nothing will ever change that.

She said causing me to nod as Kayaba watched from a distance and walked into another room.

Kayaba's POV:
I was sitting down thinking about my sister and her husband. Thinking about how they died in front of my nephews eyes and how I couldn't do anything to save them.

Kayaba: What have I done? All I wanted was to make an ultra realistic MMORPG but at what cost?

I ask myself not sure how to feel about this situation anymore.

Kayaba: Maybe I should lock Y/N away to keep him safe? No, I can't do that, it wouldn't be fair to the kid who is basically my successor at this point. Honestly I'm surprised he even survived despite his parents dying. I promise Y/N, you won't die on my watch.

I said looking out the window.

Y/N's POV:
After the day was over I was taken back to where Asuna and I were staying at as it was getting late.

Asuna: So was today a good day for you Y/N?

I nod happily and let out a yawn.

Asuna: Go get changed while I get dinner ready.

She said as I got changed but still couldn't stop thinking of my uncle, wondering what he will do now that I am still alive in this game and now op. After I ate dinner I then go to bed, hoping to live through this hell hike of a game.