Encounter

Wait, weren't elves rare in this world? Wasn't Satella half-elf? And on that topic, was she the person that they had come to meet?

Thoughts such as these flooded Flugel's head, and they soon began to mute the outside world.

Was this the forest that... that...

Didn't somebody freeze a forest?

Wasn't it really important to somebody that they couldn't find any elves?

Why couldn't he remember? Was this the person who was supposed to be important to him?

Pandora must have tampered with his memories when she sent him here, and whatever she had blocked off seemed to be a person who was related to elves. It is a very annoying thing to not recall this person, but once a memory is gone, there is no way to simply remember what was lost.

"Flugel?"

A tap on his shoulder jolted Flugel out of his thoughts, and he looked up to see an emerging crowd of elves, with Minerva standing right next to him with a concerned expression.

Echidna was not to be seen, but Flugel assumed that she was taken inside somewhere because, despite what that Witch pretended to be, she was definitely not fine. During their walk just a day earlier, he noticed that Echidna struggled to keep a decent pace, and that was compared to him after being hungry and exhausted.

Back to his immediate surroundings, the middle-aged elf that he had first seen, who was dressed in a white and violet unitard with knee-high boots, broke away from the crowd and approached Flugel and Minerva. "Welcome to Elior Forest," she greeted, "I am Kosia, the chief of the elven village here, and we are glad to host you as guests. I recognize Minerva, and what would be your name?" she asked Flugel.

This wasn't Satella, so breaking out of his brief stasis, the teen confidently Travolta-posed and answered, "My name is Flugel, and as of yesterday, I am now Echidna's Instigator! It's nice to make your acquaintance!"

Nobody made a sound as all of their eyes were fixated on Flugel and his peculiar stance. Sweat dropping, Kosia bowed in customary respect. "We are glad to hear that Echidna has found somebody to help her achieve her goals. Now, for what reason do we have the pleasure of a visit from this group today?"

Minerva stepped forward. "Echidna's book told her that-" She cut off, glancing at Flugel. Echidna had instructed her not to say anything, and after a second of deliberation, Minerva decided to keep her word and remain silent about the fine details. "It told her that she came home today, so we came to talk to her. I'm sure that Echidna wants to recruit her to help save the world in our own way, so we flew over."

Kosia seemed confused, and she looked back into the crowd of elves to see if any of them knew about what Minerva was talking about.

All that she was met with was shrugging shoulders, so Kosia turned back around. "Are you suggesting that Satella is coming-"

"Ahhhh!" Minerva explained, her arms flailing. "We weren't supposed to say her name! This was supposed to be a surprise to Flugel!"

"Oh, I am truly sorry about that," Kosia apologized quickly with remorse, "but that was honestly a surprise to me as well, and I am sure that everybody behind me shares this sentiment."

Minerva squinted her eyes to examine all of the elves in the small crowd, and she saw that every single one of them was nodding their heads.

"So," Flugel interjected, "does this mean that Satella isn't here yet?"

"Eh?" Minerva gasped.

She quickly turned to Flugel and grabbed his shoulders, her sky-blue eyes staring into his brown ones. "Do you already know Satella?"