Chapter Fourteen-Escape

            (Ben's pov)

            I couldn't believe my best friend would do this. It's bad enough that he lied about his daughter's death, but to torture her her whole life and to call her a slut after she was raped for three years. I cannot even imagine the pain Amber must've suffered throughout her whole life.

 And I knew that as soon as Cole announced to the world that his wife and daughter were dead, something wasn't quite right with the way he acted. He would cry almost every day, even a few years after they had died. Even when I found out that my mate died I didn't cry as much, all I did was punch everyone that pissed me off. Even though I didn't love my wife as much as I loved my mate, I reacted in much of a similar way. My mate died in a rouge attack about thirteen years ago and my wife died in childbirth, Johnathan never even got to know his mother.

 When I think back over how I reacted with both my wife's and mate's deaths, Cole's reaction to his wife's death seemed forced and fake. Sarah, Amber's mother, wasn't Cole's mate, but he needed a Luna and she was the best choice apparently.

 Finding out that the Alpha's daughter is in fact alive; though I wouldn't say well, and chained to the wall of a cell with her daughter and my son, without the Alpha telling me any of this was enough for me to go and hunt that bastard done and kill him.

 Fortunately for him, I had to get my son, his mate and her child safely out of here.

 "Let's go," I told them as I went around and broke off their chains. Amber instantly wrapped Hope into her arms. It's hard to believe that someone who had been through what she did can look at a child with so much love.

 I ushered them out into the hallway leading from the dungeons to the back of the house. I lead the way while Amber followed with Hope still in her arms and Johnathan bringing up the rear. So far we've had no encounter of other werewolves. That doesn't mean that Cole might have guards posted around the grounds.

 "How are we going to get out? Nick just said that there are wolves everywhere outside," whispered my son coming up beside me, answering my unspoken question.

 "I can get us out," replied Amber. We all stopped and stared at her. How was such a small and fragile girl supposed to get us past are whole pack?

 "Amber, don't," demanded Johnathan. He seemed to know how. Ignoring him, she past Hope into his arms, stepped back and began to strip in front of us. I felt weird just standing there and watching my son's mate strip naked. But then she shifted. I almost jumped five feet in the air at the sight of her blood wolf. Wow.

 'Follow me out in sixty seconds,' she ordered through the pack link.

 'Don't kill them,' said Johnathan.

 She nodded in reply. Then she dashed outside and almost immediately I could hear the painful screams of the pack.

* * *

            After sixty seconds, like Amber said, we ran out the same door she just went through and looked at the bloody field.

 Literally a bloody field.

 The bodies of pack members all laid on the ground. Some unconscious, others writhing in pain, but all were alive like Amber had promised. I like this girl. I'm glad she is my son's soul mate.

 I looked around for Amber and found her still fighting one remaining wolf. Damn she was good. While the wolf she was fighting, I think his name is Samuel or something, lept towards her, Amber stepped to the side and dug her claws into his back. I could feel the vibrations of his howl through the ground. Then he finally collapsed and pasted out from the pain. Then Amber turned her gaze to us.

 'Let's go,' she said. Johnathan placed Hope on Amber's back and Hope gripped her hands into her mother's fur.

 I walked in front again, Amber and Hope in the middle and Johnathan walking behind. We walked through the forest for hours until I told them to stop.

 "We're here," I announced.

 "Where's here?" asked Johnathan. With the trees standing tall all around, I'm not surprised that they don't know where we are.

 'I know where we are,' whispered Amber through the pack link. She was still in her wolf form. 'This is where my father kept me.'

 Damn, didn't know that.

 "I'm sorry Amber, but this is the only place that I can think of to keep us safe for tonight," I apologised.

 'It's OK. I want to see my old room anyway.' Without another word, she gently pulled Hope off her back and walked through the trees hiding the entrance to the underground safe house. Now I'm thinking we should change it's name to the underground torture-your-daughter-house.

 Johnathan picked up Hope and I followed them as they followed Amber inside. We walked down staircases after staircases until we came to a door that looks like it had been ripped off by something big. I'm guessing by the way Amber is sitting frozen in front of it, like she's seen a ghost, that she was that something that ripped it off.

 "Amber? What's wrong?" asked Johnathan. I didn't notice, but my son had placed Hope down next to me and he was now standing next to Amber, with her massive head coming up to just above his shoulders, and he was gently running his fingers through her thick and bloody fur.

 'Memories,' she whispered through our minds.

 This wasn't something Hope or I needed to see, so I picked her up and brought her back up to the second floor and laid her down on the cleanest mattress that I could find. As soon as her head hit the pillow, she was out.

 If only the rest of us could dream as sweetly as she can.

A/N

Hey guys, hope you liked it.

Please vote, comment and share :)