chapter 1.

-------
Joye moved to Woodcrest at 17 with her aunt after some shit went down with her family.

Her father was related to gun violence and her mom was heavy on drugs so she eventually got out that toxic environment.
She had 2 younger siblings and 1 older brother.

Kavion Malek and mariyah Malek and Mariah lived with kavion of course.

But one things for certain. You can take the girl out the hood but not the hood out the girl.
-------
Joye's p.o.v|•

"Girl this neighborhood is so quiet and boring." I was on the phone with my best friend aaliyah.

"At least you don't have to worry about shootouts and shit at least you made it out." She said rolling her eyes playfully.

"True, i miss when we used to hang out on our favorite corner Startin shit and gettin high." I pouted.

"Me too girl , Ima come visit you soon and ima bring the whole gang, they miss you." She smiled.

"I miss yall too." I smiled back.

"I gotta go boo ill talk to you later" she said blowing a kiss.

"I loveyou byee." I blew a kiss back and she hung up.

I Sat on my bed thinking to myself "I need to find me a plug soon" I thought to myself.

i pulled out the last blunt I had in my pocket and began to light it.

I put my air pods in and had a small smoke session for 15 minutes, until I heard a knock on the door.

"Yes??" I yelled out taking one last pull from my blunt before putting it out waving the smoke away.

"I know I don't smell weed in my house mani." Ti ti said opening the door.

"If you gonna smoke do it outside not in my house." She said opening a window.

"I'm going to get food I'll be right back don't burn my house down" she said walking out the door.

"Igh." I got up and put on my jacket to go finish smoking on the porch.

After about 20 minutes a got a ft call from kavion and I answered it.

"Heyy Kei kei." I smiled that was my nickname for him when we was younger.

"Why everytime I call you always been smoking."

"Don't be tryna lecture me." I rolled my eyes. "Plus weed ain't even bad stop tripping."

"It is bad if it's taking all your money you need to be saving up for an apartment or atleast a car."

"I am saving my money damn I got time."

"Alrighting I'm just saying." He said shrugging. "But I miss you joye it's been a while."

"I know I miss yall too, you should come down to visit me soon and bring the twins." I said smiling wide as fuck again.

"I'll try but that shit cost money, but we will see." He said shrugging.

"Okay tell the twins I said hey." I said waving.

"I will, love you sis, I gotta go." He said before hanging up.

I put on a smile for everyone but in reality I'm just stressed out.

Ever since the court case, the arguments, the abuse everything, people expect me to pretend like everything's okay.

So yeah smoking is the only way I can cope and atleast try to forget about this shit.

I finished my last pull until nothing was left but a roach I tossed it to the side and Went back upstairs to blast my airpods.
------‐-
"Mani I'm home." She said opening my door, she had a box of pizza in her hand.

"Pepperoni?" I asked opening the box.

"Yep." She said sitting next to me. "You doing okay?"

"Im trying." I said taking a slice of pizza and taking a bite.

"Okay, but do not use weed to blow away your problems use other ways to cope I don't want you to end up like your momma." She said putting her hand on my cheek.

"I won't." I said turning my face away to finish the rest of my pizza.

"Okay you better be up early for school tomorrow I don't want you to be late." She said before closing the door.

I sighed and finished eating the rest of the pizza before getting up to take a shower.

Once I got out the shower I looked at myself in the mirror for a while.

"Damn I'm fine." I smiled before washing my face and brushing my teeth I went to change in my pajamas and scrolled on My phone before falling asleep.
__________