chapter three

wednesday went up to her room and made sure to lock the door. she started unpacking her suitcase and pulled out her typewriter, setting it back on her desk. she pulled out the chair and sat down before she started typing furiously.

after a while thing came up to her and started making gestures, letting her know how her parents were going to let tyler stay. "of course, i wouldn't have expected anything less from them," she said, clearly agitated.

thing went on by letting her know where tyler would be staying but she shooed him off, "thank you thing, but i don't need to know anymore about this." he nodded solemnly before leaving her alone. she didn't want to know either, she had heard enough.

***

once nighttime came around she was still typing but stopped when she heard a knock on her door. she figured it was tyler or her mother, neither of which she wanted to deal with, so she waited for whoever it was to speak first.

"wednesday... i'm sorry. you're a part of this family too so if you don't want me staying here i'll leave," came tyler's voice, which sounded exhausted.

wednesday shut her eyes for a moment, hating how her heart ached ever so slightly for the boy. she wanted to reply but for once in her life she didn't really know what to say. or rather, what she wanted to say.

so she remained silent, hoping he would get the hint and walk away and after a couple minutes she knew he had when she heard his heavy footsteps go down the hallway and a door close.

she then got up and laid on her bed, knowing she should head to sleep. her thoughts fogged though, thinking about what she had gotten herself into. she didn't have to let tyler come, but she did.

was it because of pity? was it because she still cared? she wasn't sure and didn't want it to be because of anything like that. but she knew her reasons had been unselfish ones and she absolutely despised that.

maybe she should have brought him here so she could torture him and make his life a living hell like she thought he deserved just yesterday. but she didn't think that anymore. the look in his eyes when he stared at her through the car window was enough to make even her break slightly.

they had been full of so much fear and desperation and she knew that was the real tyler. the boy that hadn't wanted to do any of what he had been forced to. the tyler that probably hated the hyde side of himself and maybe actually liked her. the tyler she fell for.

if it hadn't all been an act.

she wanted to hate him but found it hard to because everytime she tried she would remind herself he had been controlled and tortured to do all the horrible things he did. and then she would pity him and maybe even feel a bit bad.

and now he was only a couple walls away from her and would be for who knows how long. probably longer than she could bear. this had started a war within herself and one she wasn't sure how would end.