part 7

Henry and I sat down in the office, trying to clear our minds of everything that happened five minutes ago. I was forced to act that he hadn't just rearranged my guts in that stall. He was forced to hold in his laughter. I could see it on his face. Swallowing his chuckles, fixing his tie, making sure nothing was messed up. Our faces were red and sweat was dripping down my face like it was nothing. But, we had to pretend we did nothing. No one noticed that only a few minutes ago, I had my hand over my mouth, breathing heavily and begging for more. For now, though, I'm just going to erase the memory. I can think about it later. I fixed my hair, and chimed back into the conversation.
"Alright guys. Ready to get this mission done!?" Reagan went on about how important whatever we were doing was. Something about the weather...or maybe we have to do another thing with the lizard people? She was going on about different topics every other sentence. It was hard to keep up. I tuned out every time she changed topics, and tuned back in when she raised her voice.
"...I'm confused, what are we doing?" Henry titled his head, slightly raising an eyebrow.
"We're sabotaging kids shows. Putting 'evil' messages into them," Reagan nodded, pointing to something on the big screen thing.
"Ah. Alright," he leaned back into his chair. He had completely switched up quickly. When we were in the bathroom, everything was messed up. His suit, his hair, his tie mostly, and he was laughing the minute we had finished. But now that we're here, it was like his suit and hair had magically fixed itself. I didn't even watch him fix himself or anything. I'm also now noticing his face wasn't red at all anymore. Like all he did in that bathroom was..y'know, do his business.
"Alright, we better leave quick, let's go everybody," Reagan was already out the door when she said that. No warning or anything, she had just left.
"What are you guys waiting for? Come on!"

————

We walk in silence. Like how first grade teachers expect the kids to walk in the hallways. Henry and I snickered whenever we glanced at each other. I'm not even sure what was funny. Maybe what we did. But why would that be funny? I don't know. But whatever it was, it was hilarious. We got small stares from our co-workers whenever we would silently laugh. I think that made us laugh more.
I'm finally happy. I feel understood by this guy. The feeling of being in love is such a beautiful feeling. The feeling of being loved is even more beautiful. I feel like I can finally trust someone, like my opinions matter to him. Someone who can hold me tight and never let me go. I love it all. It's all amazing. It's all so beautiful. Like I was finally let out of my shell. I'm allowed to express my feelings, be happy for once. I'm finally allowed to be happy without someone asking me why. I don't have to bottle it all up anymore. He listens. He allows me to be myself. It's so wonderful. My mind is free now. I am allowed to let it all go. I can have an empty mind. I can finally like something without someone up my ass about it. This relationship is so..freeing. I'm no longer locked up in that small little box all my friends and family had trapped me in. I can finally breathe. I don't have to hide anymore. It's wonderful.
I hope nothing happens to us.

————

"What are we even trying to do?" Henry mumbled to me, staring at a screen with kids cartoons placed all over.
"Again, we're putting quote unquote 'evil'," (said with air quotes), "messages into kids shows. Making kids aware or something," I mumbled back, scanning the shows trying to figure out where the 'evil messages' were.
"...Why?"
"Did you forget you're working for the shadow government or something?"
"No...just distracted."
"By what?"
"Nothin'. Your co-workers kinda...creep me out if I'm honest. They keep looking at me weird."
"It's probably 'cause Gigi told everyone what Reagan told her. Y'know?"
"Yeah, but...I'd really like them to stop though. Doesn't make me feel right. It kinda brings me back to middle school where I was scared that everyone was staring at me because of my appearance."
"Henry. You shouldn't be scared of that like...at all. You're the most perfect-looking person...ever."
"You're just saying that," he side-eyed me sort of.
"I'm being serious!"
"Righttt. Not because we fucked in the bathroom before or anything."
"Why won't you believe me? I'm saying that because I'm madly in love with you and since day one I genuinely thought you were the most perfect-looking person ever."
"Doesn't matter how much you're in love with me, that doesn't make my insecurities disappear."
"How could you be insecure..?"
"Like I said. Middle school to high school does some shit to you."
"I guess...still love you though."
"Mhm..I love you too."
We went back to staring at the screen. Everyone else was messing around with the controls, writing their own stupid messages and hiding them in the background of shows. Uploading the worst memes I've seen and hiding them in a characters eye.
"How is that gonna make kids aware?" Henry sighed, watching everyone fuck around with images and messages.
"I wish I knew."

"Heyyy- Brett n' Henry. Yo yo yo.." Reagan appeared from behind us, wrapping an arm around the both of us.
"Hey Reags," I laughed awkwardly at her as I watched Henry attempt to take her arm off him.
"Are you not gonna add your stupid messages in here..?" she removed her arm off me, but kept the other arm on Henry.
"Uh, no," I sigh.
"I don't really get what their doing, they should be putting shit like 'santa isn't real' and satanic things in there, right?" Henry had successfully taken Reagan's arm off and had taken a step back.
"I guess. But they're special. They do whatever they want. No one really cares," she shrugged, "so, Henry, you like it here? It's obvious Brett wants you to like it here."
"I'm really only gonna try to stay for Brett."
"Ah, that's great. Yeah, I'll be sure to add you to our team. Well, I better stop them before they put a celebrity's dick pic in there. BRB!" Reagan gave Henry finger guns (my thing, by the way), and had ran away to stop the others.
"...I've never actually heard anyone say 'BRB' out loud before," Henry had looked at me with a mixture of disgust and confusion on his face.
"That's Reagan for you."