Part 2

Narrators POV: (this sounds more like a prologue the first chapter tbh)

                                                      (A couple weeks after the breakup)

        Tony was a singer and a songwriter. It wasn't just his profession; it was who he was. So it only makes it hurt all the more when he can't think of a single thing to write about.

         Normally his songs where a direct outlet of his feelings. It was the only thing keeping him sane. 

        Every time he wanted to assemble some letters on a page, he would find his eyes drifting to the picture on his nightstand. He looked at it so often that he memorized each detail.

        He wasn't going to be the type of tiger to write break-up songs, he wasn't. He normally sang cheery tunes, kid friendly tunes - that was his thing. He wasn't going to stoop so low as to write a song about their ex.

       That was the only thing his muse seemed to want though. He couldn't think of anything else

        It wasn't too horrible of a break-up, he supposed. They just had wildly different personalities, interests, and ways of seeing the world. The grinch was always such a pessimist, a dark cloud over his head and feeling like the world was out to get him. On his bad days, he would take his anger out on tony, griping him about how he was so stupidly happy all the time. Normally tony just brushes it off, but it piled up.

       Now here he was, wanting nothing more than to vent his frustrations with song. But then he'd have to write a break-up song, and there was never any coming back from that. 

       With a sigh he sits up on his bed, tracing grinches smile with his claw. A combination of feelings roaring in his head, wistfulness, regret, sadness, and irritation almost high enough to call anger. He impulsively grabs an edge of the photo on his nightstand, ripping it but only a little. The tear is right over the insignificant space between their bodies, the grinches green hair is a large contrast to Tonys primarily orange fur. Looking at the imperfection he is hit with a wave of relief. That was the push he needed to make to pass whatever lingering hesitation and guilt inside of him, he now feels like he is finally free to do whatever he wants.

       He first finishes ripping the photo. As he is doing this, he hums a tune that is in his head.

                                                         "you're a mean one, Mr. Grinch....."