forgiveness

JENNA'S POV:

JENNA'S POV:

in which Jenna and y/n get into a heated argument, forcing y/n to leave and that's the last time Jenna ever sees her again.

imagine requested by: @CannedCokeOnVormir

–––

They say to forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness. But what they don't talk about, the question they never seem to ask, is how can you forgive the same person who brought you nothing but love and peace and happiness, only to later destroy it in the worst possible way. What then?

"Hey baby." I smiled as I entered y/n and I's shared apartment, my smile turning into a frown and my eyebrows scrunched up in confusion when I noticed all the cardboard boxes taped together, my stuff thrown inside of them, "What's going on?"

Y/n came into the living room, slamming down another box and pushing her hair out of her eyes, "Well you know how we always wanted to redecorate?"

"Yeah..?" I trailed off, putting my car keys in the pocket of my leather jacket.

"Well," Y/n put her hands on her hips, "I did. And the apartment looks so much better without any of your stuff cluttering it."

I laughed a little, trying to make sense of it all, "baby, i'm confused-"

"You can drop the act, Jenna. I'm not your baby anymore."

"What act, y/n? What is going on?" I asked.

"What is going on? You on another person that's not me! I mean did you think I wasn't going to find out sooner or later? Do you really think I'm that stupid?"

"I don't think you're stupid at all! I just-"

"Just what?" Y/n cut me off, "Didn't expect it to happen so soon?"

I didn't say anything. I tried but no words seem to want to come out or maybe that was my punishment. I mean what was I really going to say to make things better? I cheated. I fucked up. Y/n rolled her eyes at me and started heading towards the hallway when I caught up to her and grabbed her arm.

"Y/n, wait! Please!" I begged.

"Don't touch me!" She huffed, looking close to tears whether they be sad tears or angry tears. It still made my heart break.

"I didn't want any of this to happen. I-" I began to ramble off, trying to grip on just a little bit tighter before it slipped through my fingers completely.

"What the fuck did you think was gonna happen when you kissed another? And a man at that, Jenna." Y/n sniffled, "I know you weren't ready to come out and tell the world we were together. I thought that with enough love and support, things could change. So here I am hiding away as your little secret, waiting for the day I can see the headlines on the internet or read your Instagram post about it. But it was a hoax. I should have known it was all a red flag and gotten out sooner rather than later, but damn you and the ways you loved me."