First Kiss in the First Family's House

A/N: I do not Own Red, White, and Royal Blue. 

"Hey, want to go for a walk?" Nora looked nervously at June as she asked. They went on these walks every day to the point they had become routine, but today was different.

"Sure." June didn't even realize the nerves Nora was feeling, instead, she was stuck in her own nerves. Today was going to be the day. The two got up from the dining room in the White House, where they enjoyed lunch every day together. They walked down the halls of the White House, almost in silence.

"You look really nice today." Nora tried to start a conversation.

"Thank you. I wore this yesterday though."

"Yeah, but it just looks nice on you." Nora felt like an idiot how could she have thought that would have worked, this whole thing was a bad idea. The two stepped out onto a secluded part of the White House lawn, no cameras could photograph them there. Statues of famous presidents surrounded them, Nora was the first to sit, followed by June. June played music on her phone.

"Oh, I love this song!" June raised her phone up to Nora. "Cherry Blossoms by Dream Hotel."

"I've never heard of it."

"We should sit and listen to it for a minute, would you mind?"

"Of course not, let's listen." As they sat there listening, Nora decided to make her move. She put her hand on June's leg. Simple enough that it could be platonic if need be. June didn't say anything. She looked over at Nora, as Nora looked away at the birds. June shifted her body closer to Nora, moving Nora's hand down her leg, down her thigh. Nora pretended not to notice that shift. It was hard to pretend with June's skirt and tights. Nora could feel her stomach coming alive with butterflies. Silence had never been so loud. Someone needed to say something. Anything. Nora turned her head towards June, and June did the same thing. Nora opened her mouth to say something, but instead, June leaned in and kissed her. Finally. Pressing into Nora. Nothing had ever felt this right. June held Nora's hand while leaving her other hand on June's thigh. Nora thought this is what home feels like. This is how the sun hitting a stained glass window feels on my soul. Every time I have yearned for home, I have yearned for this. For her. She is the most right thing I have ever experienced. And despite the kiss lasting five seconds, Nora wanted to keep going. She wanted to keep kissing her and never stop. "The statues just watched us kiss."

"They did, they really did." June laughed. Nora went to lean back in and June laughed again."I'm not that easy, I think we should go on a date."

"A date?"

"A date." And Nora looked at the girl who felt at home. The girl who in five seconds had brought her home as if she was a child begging to go home. The girl who painted her soul in more shades than the stained glass windows in any church. The girl who was more beautiful than any person Nora had ever met.

"Coffee, this Sunday. You and me."

"Don't tell me twice I'll be there." And Nora thought about the fact that she was really fucked because she had met someone who felt like home, and home was the feeling we look for in our life isn't it?

A/N: have you met the person that makes you feel like you are at home?