Trivia

Real acapella groups were used during filming, including Pentatonix (winners of The Singoff season 3).

Rebel Wilson publicly stated she wanted Demi Lovato to have a role as one of the Bellas, and even made her an offer, though Demi Lovato chose to focus on her music and tour commitments at the time.

The Super Bowl spot for the film reportedly cost the distribution company a total $4.5 million. Given that the budget of the film is $20 million, the short ad used 20% of their entire production cost on 30 seconds of ad time.

Anna Camp is dating Skylar Astin in real life, but Anna Kendrick is his on screen girlfriend.

(At around 1 hr 5 mins) NFL Green Bay Packers players T.J. Lang, Don Barclay, Clay Matthews, David Bakhtiari and Josh Sitton play themselves as a rival acapella group.

In the scene where the Bellas are going through their hate mail, Fat Amy holds up a message that uses letters cut out of magazines. It is signed by "Sonia Sotomayor", who at the time of the film's release, is a Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.

Kristen Wiig was originally offered the role of Gail in the first movie, who was later replaced by Elizabeth Banks. Elizabeth Banks is now directing the sequel.

Reports have already made headlines of a possible Pitch Perfect 3.

There's a mid-credit scene at the end of the movie, in which Bumper auditions for The Voice. This scene features all four coaches for Season 8. (Adam Levine, Pharrel Williams, Blake Shelton, and Christina Aguilera)

Kay Cannon, the writer of Pitch Perfect 2 (and its prequel) has a cameo as a news reporter after Fat Amy (Rebel Wilson) flashes the president.

The Film Features The original song by Anna Kendrick, "Cups" it was also featured in the first film when Anna's character, Beca was auditioning for the Bella's.This song is actually derived from an old bluegrass tune. The version in the movie is a cover of The Lulus' version.

Part of the movie was filmed in Baton Rouge, La

The auditorium where the Treblemakers sing at the freshman orientation and the beginning of the film is the same auditorium where the awards ceremony at the end of "In & Out" was filmed.

Green Bay packers LB Clay Matthews makes an appearance in the movie as well as a few of the other Green Bay Packers

The famous a cappella group Pentatonix is making an appearance in this movie.

During the end credits, there's an extra scene where Bumper is auditioning for The Voice (where he ultimately chose Team Christina) All of the crowd were not extras, but was the actual crowd for that days taping of the Blind Auditions. They thought it was a huge joke!

The finale scene was filmed at a park in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Over 2,000 extras from the Baton Rouge area served as the crowd.