get away

Naruto stayed with Sasuke for the rest of the night, ensuring that he was comforted and taken care of even though Sasuke had wronged him in so many ways in the past. hours past before Sasuke awoke. 

Sasuke was taken aback by Naruto's unconditional care, as it was something he had not expected from the person he had hurt so much. But before he could make it up to Naruto, he had some explaining to do. He slowly sat up, considering that he was very lightheaded. 

Naruto only stared at him as he spoke, describing the events that had unfolded before he called Naruto the night before. "He wanted me to marry." Naruto's eyes widened. "He told me that it would help the family a great deal and that I could finally show my worth." But then he told me that she was that Sakura girl he wanted as my wife. "I was trying to tell him no, but he said I hadn't done anything else to show I was even part of the family He said it was the least I could do to show my loyalty and commitment to them, and if I didn't, I would no longer have a home. ""I felt like my entire life was being taken away from me, and that's when Itachi stepped in and started to defend me before my mother started crying." "Even though the year prior I came out as gay, I knew that he wasn't happy. It's not like he told me right away; he just stayed silent." "Itachi started to stand up for me and made it clear that no matter what, I was still a part of the family, but even through all the screaming, all I could do was run back to my room."

 I was only making small cuts, but before I knew it, I had cut too deeply, and the bleeding wouldn't stop. I was terrified, and I thought I had really messed up As the blood pooled around me, I immediately called you, not knowing what to expect when you answered the phone. Your voice was calm and steady, and your words reassured me that everything would be fine, but I was a little lost.

 "So do you think I can stay with you till I get my sh*t together " Naruto took a minute to think before responding. "Yeah, that's a good idea. "I'll go get my place put together before you get discharged, so I'll be back soon," was all Naruto said before exiting the room, leaving Sasuke alone with his thoughts. Sasuke felt a wave of relief wash over him, and his eyes softened as he looked toward the door Naruto had just left. He knew Naruto was reliable, and Sasuke was thankful for the help. He couldn't help but feel guilty. Sasuke had dragged Naruto into his problems, and yet, here he was, offering his help. He wished he could do more to repay the kindness Naruto had shown him, but for now all he could do was trust that he'd make the right decision and accept the help he had so generously been given without saying too much. For now, all he could do was be grateful and make sure that he did whatever he could to help Naruto in the future.

Naruto was having trouble figuring out where Sasuke would sleep, but he was determined to find a way to make it happen After much thought and deliberation, Naruto decided to offer his own bed so that Sasuke could have a place to stay, but first he had to do some laundry and cooking He worked tirelessly throughout the day, preparing the meal and tidying up his apartment so that it would be comfortable for Sasuke After he was satisfied with the results of his labor, Naruto happily went to pick Sasuke up from the hospital. 

When they arrived at Naruto's apartment, Sasuke was astounded by the efforts Naruto had taken in order to make sure he was comfortable. But when Naruto told him that he would take Naruto's bed and sleep on the couch, he insisted that they both take the bed since Naruto forbade him from sleeping on the couch. 

So they laid down and got as comfortable as they could with the awkwardness. Both of them, in their own ways, were thankful for the other's presence that night, as it was the only comfort they could find in such a strange situation They eventually fell asleep, facing each other, and it was the first time they felt at peace with their lives since Sasuke ended their special friendship, one that only they could understand.