[PROLOGUE] - The dream catcher

Hi ! Before you start reading, I wanted to warn you that english is not my first language, I will try my best to write good but if there are any mistakes please tell me ! TY <3

here are some infos :
- y/n > is obviously 'your name'
- I put y/n the typical characteristics of a Na'vi (black hair, blue eyes since she's a Metkayina and turquoise skin)
- you can imagine her outfit and hairstyle as you want (except if there will be special events where she has a specific one, I will specify :^))
- At the begginng y/n is 6yo, and after the timelapse she will be 16yo.

I made a spotify playlist for reading this chapter if you're interested (in fact i made 2) :
Songs >
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37kYGifwahaKigMoyIkEYD?si=5MNre7IJRXGA2TNub3WNoA&pt=3728c24615f0762e9b93482d412307c3

Avatar soundtracks >
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7LLZ7fUh3cR68tTVmmrwan?si=TAKs7-tmS42hc3UvtBvNnA&pt=e4b962863a6d7995d1e239a30cdafbaa

Now, have a good reading !
______________

[...]
    Mom rimmed my bed before leaving a gentle kiss on my forehead. « Goodnight, darling. », she said with the warmest smile on her face. She left me next to the starry sky, I loved watching the stars before falling asleep. I always felt like they were watching over me too, they sheltered me from nightmares. My eyes got heavier every second until I just fell asleep.
- - - - -

I was running holding a young boy's hand. He had black braids with a long thin tail and seemed to have yale blue skin. We were running through a thick forest with a lot of lightning vegetation in the night. It wasn't the first time I dreamt about this boy, but I couldn't remember his name.

y/n : « who are you ? »

?? : « hah, I already answered this question miss »,
he said with a smirk on the corner of his lips.

y/n : « I... don't remember then. »

He stopped running on the middle of a large overturned tree trunk. It had the role of a bridge over a high cliff with shallow stretches of water a it's feet. The boy turned to look at me letting go of my hand.

?? : « I don't know who you are either. »

Before I could reply anything, he took me by the shoulders to push me aside and kick something behind my back. When I turned around I saw a baby viper wolf falling down in the water, he was about to attack me.

?? : « Now you can call me your hero, he beamed to you proudly. »

y/n : « I could have defended myself, you pretencious brat ! »

?? : « Ehh don't call me that! I just saved you, you should be grateful ! »

I rolled my eyes after what he grabbed my wirst and said «Now let's go hide somewhere before his mom could find us» and started running again with me following, and the two of us laughing.

- - - - -
That was the last time I dreamt of him.

[...]

    I told mom about this guy, but I got the feeling that she never really took me seriously. « If you care so much about him then go ask Eywa about him, who knows maybe she will hear you and give you an answer » she said.
    I went several times to see Eywa as mom said, asked about him, how was he doing and how much should I wait until I see him again. I really missed our nights together. Few days passed, few weeks and Eywa never responded. Not even a single sign that she heard me.
Since this night, I kept having bad dreams, and even nightmares sometimes.
This boy was like a guardian angel that kept me away from my night terrors, yeah that's it. My guardian angel.
    And that's how I found myself watching the stars again instead of sleeping. They were so many, a huge family of stars. I asked them to look out for him, wherever he is. On this planet, on another, in a distant galaxy maybe or just in a different universe.
I turned my back to the stars and closed my eyes, knowing I'll dream like every night, but he will not be there.