[40 a night to remember]

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ REFRESHER
[40] fortieth chapter
episode thirty-eight+nine, season 5
-narrative+instagram
word count 4992
>In which a night
of dirty dancing ends
with one lucky couple
staying in the hideaway.

  The rest of the day seemed to operate quite smoothly for the majority of the islanders: Chris and Francesca had selected Belle, Maura, Curtis and Tony to go out on dates with them whilst the rest of the Villa chilled in the garden, soaking up the heat and enjoying their time together.

Earlier in the morning, Summer had gathered some of the girls together on the terrace to give them the run-down on everything that'd happened between herself and Ovie the following evening and the final conclusion they'd come to after waking up together; to say her friends were thrilled for her would be an understatement.

However, the mood of the islanders had progressively dropped as the day dragged on, whether they were anticipating something big to happen, or just flat-out annoyed at the bombshells' pick of dates (in this instance, Anton and Maura), there was something in the air and anyone with half a brain could sense it.

Their daunting thoughts were finally heightened by the ominous sound of that all-too-familiar phone notification. Sitting at the beanbags with Summer, Maura and Amber, Molly called to the rest of the garden, "I've got a text!" Before she began to read its contents.

Islanders,
Tonight you will get each other's hearts racing in a boys vs girls challenge.
#dirtydancing #bringontheflutters

Whilst all the boys, who'd gathered around the swing seat to chat to Chris, began to cheer like children on Christmas day at the news, their partners and the other girls in the Villa seemed less than pleased.

Summer buried her face into Amber's shoulder out of pure pre-embarrassment for the evening and Maura let out a sigh, still hung up over the whole Francesca-Curtis date, "Will Francesca get Curtis' heart racing as much as I'm gonna get it racing? 'Cause I'll hop on that. Hop on that," She iterated, whilst Molly giggled.

"Well, I'm glad one of us is enthusiastic about this thing," Summer mumbled, earning her an amused grin from Maura, "Like, seriously, how the hell am I supposed to get those boys' hearts going?"

Amber chuckled at the question, "Just shake your ass and tits a little, that's what I'm planning on doing. At the end of the day, they're guys who've been deprived of whatever 'entertainment' they have outside this Villa. They'll take what they can get," She joked playfully, causing Maura to nod in agreement.

"That's all well and good apart from the fact I've got no ass, or tits," Summer sighed, earning more chuckles from the three girls she was with as she continued to dread the evening ahead of them.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Time couldn't have whizzed past faster, as it felt like mere seconds had passed before the boys had been instructed to sit out around the firepit whilst the girls readied themselves in the dressing room. They'd all been told the order in which they'd go out, so the girls going near the start were helped out by the girls going out closer to the end in addition to the hair and costumes.