Do You Want A Ride?

Author's Note:  Now normally I don't do this because I'm in school right now and I've got a Japanese quiz to study for tomorrow.

But since I finished my German Assignment and I just checked and saw that "The Office Curve" is at 800K reads (WTH?!  Who are you reading this story?!  This wasn't even supposed to be a big story!) I thought I'd write a quickie update to tie you over til the weekend, and as a thank you for enjoying this story which I original wrote as a way to get rid of an idea.

So, in the style of a Mr. R. Kelly - Now usually I don't do this but uh...gone 'head on and break 'em off a little Office Curve something-something (ha ha)

Thanks, lovelies!  -B.N.

------

We had our orders.

Half an hour after Kaim's mom sashayed her way out of the office, giving me the perfect opportunity to shut the lionesses up, she texted his phone with a succinct set of instructions.

1. Go straight home after work.

2. Take a shower, but preferably not together because then we'll end up being late.  Also, we shouldn't bother trying to tell her otherwise, because she knows better.

3. Dress with class and sass - lots of elegance with a little sexiness.  And special instructions to me to not be afraid to show my, ahem, decolletage.  Yeah...

4.  She'll be picking us up at eight o'clock on the dot - not a minute before and not a minute after.  We are to be out on porch waiting for her and if we aren't, we'll never hear the end of it.

Sassy and she knows what she wants - I can respect that.

Kaim, on the other hand, was none to pleased with his mother's requests.  "Why is it always a night out with her?  Why can't we do something like go to dinner or or even catch a sappy chick flick?  I have nothing against those, honest!"

"We might have talked for a little bit, but I don't think she's that type of lady."  I offered him a sympathetic pat on the back.  "How come you never told me about how freaking awesome your mom is?  More importantly, why do I get the feeling that she has more Facebook friends than the two of us combined?"

"I couldn't tell you if she's even on facebook, but it wouldn't surprise me if she was."  Leaning back in his chair, he took a deep breath.  "I didn't tell you because it's not something I can put into words.  It's something one must 'experience'?"

"Like a Lady Gaga concert?"

"Yeah, or that's at least what they tell me."  Pressing his palm to his forehead, he let out an audible sigh.  "In any case, she's pulling out all the stops, so this can only mean one thing."

I felt gloom and doom crushing down on my ribcage.  "And that is...?"

"She likes you and she's probably going to order me to marry you in six months."

"What?"  I steadied myself on my chair, knocked off-kilter by the force of those words.  "Are you kidding me?  Seriously?  Isn't that a bit much?"

"Of course it is, but that's the way my mother rolls."  He looked pretty embarrassed for her.  "I'm her only son, and she wants grandchildren.  So if I end up in a relationship with someone she likes, it's a big deal."

"And I thought my mother was bad.  I'm on a reprieve now because she's getting married and all, but once she gets back from the honeymoon, I'm sure she'll be telling me about so-and-so and her lovely son who isn't picky."  My heart fluttered as his words played back in my head.  "Wait, did you say that your mom likes me?"