~𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐳𝐞~

Pairing: Aonung x Reader
Category: ☁️
————————————————————————

     The sand danced in the water as the waves swept back and forth. You watched the grains twirl peacefully as they continued their waltz around your feet. The sun was retreating below the horizon, taking the warmth of the day with it. With the near arrival of night, a cool breeze blew across the cove where you were seated. The cold did little to distract you from the scenery in front of you; an array of colors painting the sky as the sun had set.

Your trance was suddenly broken when you heard footsteps behind you. "There you are." You swiftly turned around to meet Aonung. Annoyed, you furrowed your brows at him, "you scared me skxawng." He chuckled and smirked down at you. "What are you doing here anyway?" he questioned you playfully. "It's quiet, and far away from you," you huffed at him. Once more he chuckled at your snarky retort and plopped down next to you in the sand. "Aw, you know you miss me," he cooed jokingly.

Aonung wasn't wrong though, you did miss him. You came to this place quite a lot. It was where you came to clear your head and sort out your thoughts. For weeks you had tried to ignore them, but to no avail the feelings wouldn't go away. As a result, you had tried to avoid him in an attempt to save yourself the embarrassment. You were terrified of him finding out, because you knew he wouldn't return the feelings. Even more, you didn't want to ruin your friendship.

"Hello, are you listening to me?" he waved a hand in front of your face. Quickly, you shook yourself out of your thoughts and looked at him.
Aonung wore a smug look, with a eyebrow raised at you. However, his gaze softened after a moment as the two of you looked at each other.
Aonung averted his eyes, and focused them on the last little sliver of sunlight disappearing and hummed.

The air had become frigid and the breeze had picked up, causing goosebumps to litter your skin. You started to shiver, pulling your knees closer to your chest to stay warm. Aonung noticed this and brought his head down to your level, "it's getting colder, we should go back." "Not yet" you mumbled through your already chattering teeth. He gave a slight frown at your response.

"Skxawng" he grumbled at you. "So," he started, "why have you been avoiding me?" Your ears lowered as you watched the waves ripple,"I don't know what you're talking about," you mumbled. He glanced at you and sighed,"did I do something?" He asked.

Shit, Now you felt horrible. You hadn't meant to hurt him, you had only wanted to help. "You haven't done anything Aonung," you stated, looking up at him. His ears were pressed back, "then why won't you talk to me?" he questioned. He seemed much more bothered than you thought he would have been. The air had grown tense.

     "I'm sorry," you both spoke in unison. The two of you looked at each other in surprise. A small smile spread across his face. "Please, just talk to me?" Aonung pleaded. You nodded your head.  "You were right," you said, turning back to watch the sand, "I did miss you." Aonung smiled to himself.

     A gust of wind blew through the cove, and you shivered once more. "You're cold," Aonung noticed your quivering state. "Come here" he opened his arm to you. "I'm fine," you blushed, tightening your arms around your legs. He huffed at you, amused. "You are so stubborn," he laughed at you. Aonung wasn't taking no for an answer and gently picked you up to pull you into his lap. "Aonung, what are you-," he shushed you by shifting your back flush against his chest. Aonung's arms wrapped around you, coating your body with his warmth.

     Your heart fluttered and your cheeks flushed a darker blue. "Feel better?" He asked. You took advantage of this opportunity and nuzzled your head up under his. You could feel Aonung tense up for a moment before bringing his own head down nuzzle yours. He pressed a soft kiss to your temple. "Is that why you hid from me?" He questioned you, "because you had feelings for me?" "Maybe," you said quietly.

     Aonung sighed deeply, "thank Eywa." You backed away enough to give him a confused look. Aonung wore a bright smile.  All of the worry left you, and it felt like the weight was lifted from your chest.

     Aonung cupped your face with his hands, gently stroking your cheeks. He leaned forward and closed the gap between you. The kiss was short, but heartfelt. "I see you, Y/N," his forehead was pressed against yours. "And I see you Aonung."

————————————————————————
Thank you all for being so supportive! Sorry this took a bit longer than expected, I'm still trying to get back into the groove - I am a dusty mf.

🥺💕 love u guys, more will be posted soon.