6: The Mysterious Guardian

Status: Unedited

Published: January 30, 2023

You were in your room with Lavender singing love songs with each other as a way to enjoy your teenage years before the war starts.

"... if you could see that I'm the one who understands you, been here all along so why can't you see?"

"You belong with meee~"

Lavender took a cookie from the bedside table and took a bite, shoving one in your mouth as you drank some milk. The music played in the background as you two laughed.

"Damn, I still can't believe it!" yelled Lavender, turning her head to you who's still smiling at the ceiling like a mad woman. "Mmm... I'm worried about one thing though...

"You think they can survive without looking crazy?" you asked her.

Lavender laughed, "they'll find a way. And besides, Senku's a great leader. He'll find a way for his people," says the blonde girl.

Just as Lavender said that, Senku had called. As usual, you answered.

"Love?" his voice rang, making Lavender push your shoulder with a smile on her face. Your face however was red— really red. "Yes, Darling?"

Senku sighed at the sound of your voice. "So uh... we're here. I mean, I don't know where exactly but yeah, we're here."

"That's good to know," you replied. "We found clothes but only 5 pairs, also some money and perfume," Senku says, standing up from his makeshift bed and walking outside to see the moon.

You raised a brow, "from where?"

"On the side of the road, it was all packed in a trash bag. There was a letter left in it too, it says it's from Arlington Smith. Do you know her?" Senku adds.

Lavender's brows knitted together, "what's he saying?"

Senku rubs his face and ran his finger through his hair, pushing it back to let it down. "We found a plastic bag filled with clothes for the Generals, some money, perfume and a note. The note was from Arlington Smith and I was wondering if you two know her."

You and Lavender looked at each other and shook your heads, "no, we don't."

"But the note said she knows Lesley."

You and Lavender stared at each other and hopped out of her bed, running to the door and to Lesley's office. "Hold on a bit, we're gonna go and ask her."

Senku nods, "noted."

You and Lavender ran to her door to see Lesley wide awake with her desk light on with her glasses reading a report, her office wasn't lit up. "Aunt Lesley, could we ask you something?" asked Lavender, pushing you forward to talk for her instead.

Lesley out down her glasses and the papers down to listen. "Okay, have a seat you two."

Lavender sat down whilst you remained standing, "do you know someone named Arlington Smith?" you asked.

Lesley smiled at her best friend's name, "that, my dear, is my best friend," she proudly says.

Senku's eyes widened. "Best friend... you told her about us? A-About the whole prophecy thing?"

Lesley nods, "yes, she knows. She's been with us from the beginning, it's really blurry how long it's been since we've become friends— it felt like it was since the beginning of time..."