22

As if an instinct, Noah's power creates a shield type thing to prevent Neo from falling to the undeads. Thankfully however, Frost catches Neo's hand quickly enough to not let him fall too down.

Both Noah and Frost acted up on instinct. However, it costed a sprained wrist to Frost and a big risk to Noah. Since having powers this early into the Armageddon would attract nothing but trouble. Frost pulls Neo towards her trying to keep her own balance but they just fall backward (into safety) anyway.

What's crazier however, is the fact that the undead who were going crazy just moments ago had frozen in their place. Only moving after Neo was back with the others and on his feet.

"You..... I saw you throw him"

Noah breaks the silence between them as blood drips down his hand. Thanks to him using his power, the small cut turned into flesh wound.

"What did he even do to you?"

Noah glares at Ian coldly. Noah isn't the only one glaring at Ian though.

(Noah's POV)

"It was an accident! Besides, you never cared about him anyway."

Ian lies

"DON'T SUDDENLY ACT LIKE YOU GIVE A DAMN! DIDN'T YOU ALWAYS GO AROUND TELLING THAT HE WASN'T EVEN YOUR SON TO BEGIN WITH?!"

Ian yells which snaps something in Noah.

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒖𝒈𝒉. 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒏𝒂𝒊𝒗𝒆. 𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉?"

𝑨 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒅𝒖𝒍𝒕 𝑰𝒂𝒏 𝒎𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒔.

"𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒑𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒄 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌? 𝑨𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒖𝒔𝒆. 𝑰𝒇 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖, 𝒄𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒂 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆. 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒆𝒓𝒗𝒊𝒄𝒆. 𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚, 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚'𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅, 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕?"

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑰𝒂𝒏 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑨𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒅𝒅𝒐𝒏 '𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒔'.

"You threw a child into a horde of monsters. Does it matter if I care or not?"

Noah rubs his temples in frustration as his power gets ready to attack.

Isn't it normal to care?

The ravenette questions himself.

"You never changed, Ian"

You never failed to disappoint me.

Ian starts backing away as Noah nears him.

"W-What are you doing?"