Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

Yoshio... I love you. I truly do. So it's painful for me to know that he prefers to find a way to die, than be with me. How could you think that way? Do I mean anything to you?

-Forgive Me-

Y/N P.O.V

I lay on my bed, crying softly to myself. I curl up into a ball as I hug myself in desperation for comfort. Nii-Chan left to be by himself. Hanasaki also shut himself out in a solitude. All I have is Yoshio, but he prefers to die more than be with me. Am I going to be alone again?

I hear a soft knock on the door. But I just stay silent. I bit my lips, trying not to make a sound. "Y/N. It's me... I want to talk to you. Please open up..." I hear Yoshio's voice on the other side of the door. I just stay silent, not answering him.

"Y/N please... forgive me. I didn't mean to make you upset. Just, talk to me. Please?" He said. Again, I give him no respond. I stay silent without responding to him. I hear a soft knock again. I can hear ragged, breathing which let me know that he's crying.

"I love you, Y/N. I'm so sorry for making you think that way. Please, just talk to me?" He said. I can hear Yoshio clicking his tongue. I jump when the door is broken by his shield. I turn to look at him with a shocked expression.

"Are you out of your mind?!" I yelled at him, standing up to look at him. He didn't say anything and just walks up to me, pulling me into a tight hug. I feel his body shaking as he held me close.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. Please forgive me" he said. I feel my shirt getting soaked from his tears. He buries his face in the crook of my neck with both of his arms wraps tightly around my waist. I just stand there, my hands on either side of my body.

"Please..." he pleaded, after noticing that he didn't get any reaction from me. He tighten his arms around me. I just sniffled. I slowly wrap my arms around his torso. I hug him tightly in my arms.

"Please don't ever talk about dying in front of me again" I said. He just nods his head. "I won't... I promise. I love you, Y/N..." he said. I close my eyes and bury my face in the crook of his neck.

"I love you too, Yoshio..." I whispered softly. He runs his hand through my hair, gently caressing my hair softly. I close my eyes as I snuggle closer to him.

He pulls away slightly after a while. He lift his hands and cups my cheeks softly. He slowly leans in. I slowly close my eyes as he places a soft kiss on my lips. I tilt my head to the side as I deepen the kiss.

He pulls away and leans his forehead against mine. "So am I forgiven, Y/N?" He asked, staring at me expectantly. I smile softly at him. His eyes lit up at the expression I'm making. "You're smiling! I'm forgiven!" He said, happily. I let out a soft giggle. He quickly pulls me into a tight hug, making me yelp at his sudden move.

"Thank you, Y/N... thank you so much!" He said. I've never seen Yoshio acting so happy before. Now he acts happy because I forgave him. Just by this gesture alone, makes me feel assured that Yoshio truly loves me.

I start to yawn softly. Yoshio pulls away from me. He let out a chuckle as he brush a strand piece of hair behind my ear. "Are you sleepy?" He asked. I just nod my head. He smiles and gently scoops me up in his arms. He walks to the bed and gently places me there.

"I'm sorry about the door. I was desperate to talk to you" he said. I turn to look at the hole on the door. "Well... I'm not the one you should be apologizing to. But Nii-Chan" I said. He let out a chuckle at what I said.

"Sure... I'll be sure to apologize to him later" he said. I just smile. He gently pulls the blanket up to my neck. "I love you, Y/N... good night" he said, placing a hand on my cheek.

"I love you too, Yoshio... Goodnight" I said, placing my hand on top of his. He leans down and places a soft kiss on my forehead. I close my eyes, feeling comforted by his gentle gesture. He stands straight and turn around.

"Actually... can't you just come and cuddle with me?" I asked, just as he's about to leave my room. He turns to look at me. "Yeah... sure" he said. He walks back to me and places himself next to me.

I scoot closer to him. He wraps his arms around my waist, gently pulling me closer. I lean my head against his chest. He runs his hand through my hair, feeling me up with the sense of comfort. I smile while closing my eyes, slowly letting myself drift off to sleep.

***

Yoshio and I decided to take a stroll around the town. Just the two of us. I feel nervous because this almost feels like a date. If this is a date... then it's our first date.

We held hands as we walk through the streets. There are a lot of shops surrounding us. "I'm sorry I couldn't buy you anything. I don't have any money" Yoshio said, breaking the silence as we walk hand in hand.

I turn my head to look at him and smiles softly. "It's fine. I don't need anything. I just need you..." I said. He smiles at what I said. He lift our entwined hands and place a soft kiss on the back of my hand. I can feel my cheeks getting warmer at his loving gesture.

We end up by the park. Yoshio leads me to a bench and sits down. He pat the spot next to him. I take a seat next to him, allowing him to pull me closer by my shoulder. I lean my head on his.

"I notice that you've been acting like something bothers you. Are you thinking about Hanasaki?" He asked. I turn to look at him in surprise. He seem to be very observant about my well being.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. He just needed some time. He will come around soon..." he said. I just smile softly at him and nod my head. He places a hand on the side of my head, gently pulling me closer. I place my head back on his shoulder. I turn to look forward. Yeah... hopefully.

*to be continued*