19~Independence Day Practice

Ashwin called a waiter, as he came, Ashwin took a glass of drink from him and mixed a powder inside and then pointed towards Tara to give it to her and gave him some money, he left, Ashwin smirked. Tara took the glass from the waiter and was about to drink it but just then Deep came to her with a tissue and gave it to her with a smile, she took it and they walked away. Ashwin looked on. Tara have had the drink given by Ashwin and smiled at Deep, he smiled back. "Now it would be fun, when Tara would become mad and Deep would insult her and leave her then and there," Ashwin said.

Five minutes later, Tara hiccuped a lot and so she went to fetch a glass of water. Just as she filled her glass, she threw the glass away alerting everyone, she came running outside to Deep and hugged him feeling scared. "Tara? What happen?" he asked hugging her back. "Deep, I went to have water, but there were too many ants and spiders in the water, it's good I saw that before drinking," she said and everyone looked on. "Tara, come," he said and she released the hug and walked to the kitchen.

He filled the glass with water and showed it to her, she startled again. "Deep, it has many insects," she said and threw the glass away and ran out of the kitchen. "Tara!" He called out after her and followed her. She kept running away colliding into many people and suddenly fell unconscious. He sat near her, everyone looked on, Ashwin smiled. Deep held her face. "Tara?" he said her name to wake her. Ashwin came forward. "Deep, this girl is mad, did you see any insects in the water?" he asked.

"I didn't," Deep answered. "And she saw insects? She is really mad, she needs to be admitted in a mental health care," he said and was about to call from his phone but Deep snatched his phone away shocking him. "Is Tara mad or do you mix medicines in her beverages and food to make her mad? And since when did you begin caring for your daughter?" Deep asked. Janvi came forward. "Deep is right Ashwin, is she really mentally sick or is this your conspiracy against her? Just because she is not our real daughter doesn't means you would treat her like this Ashwin," Janvi blurted out angrily but then she realized and got tensed.

"What? She's not your real daughter?" Deep asked in a shock, Tara woke up and sat up. "Ashwin, what is my fault? Why do you do this to me? Why?" she asked getting teary eyed. "Because all my property just belongs to my real children only, but you tell, how did you get conscious? How do you know what were we talking about?" he asked. "I didn't drink what you sent for me," she said.

Flashback :
Tara took the glass from the waiter and was about to drink it but just then Deep came to her with a tissue and gave it to her with a smile, it had something written on it, it said "Don't drink, it's spiked" , she took it and read and they walked away, Deep exchanged the drink and gave her another drink and she had that drink. Ashwin looked on. Then she did the drama of seeing insects and faking to be unconscious.

Fb end.

"This is what happened, thanks to Deep, and Ashwin, and you mom, I am not your real daughter, right?" she asked. Janvi nodded sadly. "Yes, we both aren't your real parents, your mother died giving birth to you, and as she was my best friend, I took you with me as her last sign, and got to know later that your mind doesn't works properly, I mean that you have anger issues," Janvi said. Tara became emotional and hugged her." I won't ever go leaving you mom, because for me, you are much more than a real mother, but like always, I won't call Ashwin my father,"she said, Janvi hugged her back. 

******************************************

Deep, Tara and their friend circle went to school the next day. They looked at the notice board and saw an announcement of the independence day program." Let's celebrate, what say?" Deep asked. "Not me, you all please go ahead," Tara said. "Chill, we aren't talking about tableau, we are just going to sing Vande Mataram, that's it," Deep said. "But most of the lines are of you all," she said. "You do have one line, that will make it easy for you, so what say? Shall we sign our names?" he asked, she thought for a while. "Okay," she said. 

Later, they gathered in practice room. "The problem is I never sang before," Tara said. "You have to sing only one line, that's it, its repeated, come on, you can do it, you can do backstage singing if you can't be on front," he said, she agreed. "Okay, so let's copy the lyrics first," Deep said. "We can simply get them printed," Gopal said. Deep agreed. So they got the lyrics printed for everyone. "Okay so the first stanza is for me, all Vande Mataram lines are for Tara, second stanza is for Gopal, third for Lakshman, bande mein tha dam lines for Madhav, let's do it," Deep said. They all practiced. 

Deep sang:

Oh aaja re oh aaja re

Maati pukaare tujhe

Desh pukaare

Aaja re ab aaja re

Bhule ham raahen

Hamein raah dikha de

Aaja re raah dikha de

Aainak pakde laathi pakde

Chalte the woh shaan se

Zaalim kaanpe thad thad

Thad thad sunkar unka naam re

Kad tha unka chhota

Sa aur sarpat unki chaal re

Duble se patle se the

Woh chalte seena taan ke

Bande mein tha dam vande

Mataram 

Tara sang:

vande mataram

Gopal sang:

O bhai bhai ka dushman bana re

Nafarat ki aandhi behti re

Vaishi dilon ko upkar sikha de

Aaja re baapu aaja re

Madhav sang:

Bande mein tha dam

Vande mataram 

Tara sang:

vande mataram

Lakshman sang:

Ho jhuth ka badhta

Jaaye raaj o baapu

Aapne hi ho gaye dhokebaaz

Aaj hamein apnon se bachane

Aaja re baapu mere

Bande mein tha dam

Vande mataram  

Tara sang:

vande mataram

Lakshman sang:

Paai paai mein insaan bika re

Jaan yeh ho gayi sasti re

Soya zameer baapu

Phir se jaga de

Aaja re baapu mere

Tara sang

Vande mataram

Madhav sang

Bande mein tha dam

Vande mataram.

They happily ended the song. "You all did well," Deep said and they shared a group hug.