𝟐. that 00's show

"so, rory, we haven't seen you in forever." ashley began, "catch us up, what's happening in the world of gilmore."

"i went golfing with my grandpa." rory revealed.

"is that it?" emma asked.

"yeah." rory conceeded, after thinking for a minute.

"well, we've started baking." ashley smiled, "we made the dopest brownies last thursday."

"no pun intended." emma smirked.

"you made pot brownies?" rory whisper-yelled, "have you been watching so much that 70s show that your brains fried?"

"it's true. we're so obsessed with ashton kutcher, that we've gone completely insane." ashley laughed.

"speak for yourself, i'm all in for topher grace." emma disagreed.

"really?" ashley questioned, "you prefer eric over kelso?"

"i mean i love them all. but if i had to commit, i'd pick eric." emma reasoned.

"i always had you pegged for hyde." rory pondered.

"as subplot, completely, but that man could not commit." emma pointed out.

"who couldn't commit?" lorelai asked, walking into the room.

"hyde from that 70s show." ashley revealed, "can you believe emma thinks eric's hotter than kelso?"

"well, i never said that. i said that i prefer eric. there's a difference." emma argued.

"y'know who eric always reminded me of?" lorelai began.

"who?" emma asked.

"your dad." lorelai laughed.

"oh, why did you have to go and ruin it?" emma cried, "i'm never going to be able to watch it again."

♡ ♡ ♡

"I can't believe it was this easy to break into chilton." emma laughed.

"no literally, imagine how much money lorelai would save if rory just did this." ashley pointed out, "and look us in this uniform, we should come here."

"we should." emma agreed.

"if not for the education, for the hotties." ashley sighed, "look at that guy that rory's talking to."

"she looks like she's having an awful time. should we go save her?" emma asked.

"my makeup's terrible, i can't. i'm not meeting cute guys with my eyebrows looking like this." ashley complained.

"your eyebrows are fine." emma argued.

"they're not!" ashley disagreed, "if you're so desperate to save her, you should do it."

"fine." emma said.

"fine." ashley agreed, awkwardly leaning against a locker to make herself fit in. "oh fuck." she whispered, emma had saved rory from the pretty boy and he was heading in ashley's direction.

"sweetheart, you're kinda blocking my locker." he pointed out.

"oh, i'm sorry, are you not enjoying the view?" ashley smiled.

he laughed, "i don't think we've met before, i'm tristan dugray."

"we haven't. i'm new." ashley lied, "and, gosh darn it, i've got to go my friends waving at me erratically... i, uh, think she might be having a seizure actually."

"hey, i never got your name." he said as she left.

♡ ♡ ♡

"ok, cinderella." emma laughed, "you just left this man with nothing. not even a shoe."

"he doesn't deserve the shoe. he's a jerk." rory complained.

"he didn't seem like a jerk to me." ashley smirked.

"as much as i love talking about this boy that ashley's clearly already in love with, i'm babysitting alaïa and the twins." emma said, "don't leave any shoes anywhere." she teased

♡ ♡ ♡

"i'm bored." emma complained.

"wanna do pot?" ashley suggested.

"you're watching too much that 70s show." emma pointed out.

"firstly, there's never too much that 70s show. and second, i figure this hot guy rory knows is the jackie to my kelso." ashley reasoned.

"why are you kelso?" emma questioned.

"because i'm too poor to be jackie." ashley complained.

"no but, even if you can't be jackie, you're totally hyde." emma argued.

"stop pushing the jackie and hyde agenda. it's never going to happen." ashley rolled her eyes, "they hate each other."

"enemies to lovers, duh. like han and leia in star wars, like they sort of hate each other but that's just tension, they'll end up together in the end." emma ranted.

"firstly, a star wars reference? who are you? eric forman? and two, it's never going to happen." ashley insisted.

"anyways, you know this man of your dreams? he's like totally bugging rory, he calls her mary all the time, and she's like on death row with it." emma revealed.

"he could call me mary any day of the week." ashley sighed.

♡ ♡ ♡

AUTHORS NOTE... brought to you by unnecessary that 70s show references

so, there was many that 70s show references today mostly because of that 90s show coming out and my recent obsession with that. this chapter is a baby in comparison the first one but like i literally have no more to say. rory's birthday is next chapter and that episode is one of two that were my literal reason for writing this book. so stay savvy until then