Chapter Two: What A Dummy.

Claudia greeted Aspen at the ball, "Hey Aspen." With a grin on her face.

"You think my name's good enough now?"

"We'll see."

Water started dripping harshly, as if a hurricane was inside. He felt flooded, but the doors were shut as the water was rising and rising.

"Wake up dummy."

Aspen opened his eyes to Julian leaning over his bed, holding a water bottle on his side, "You stayed up all night man."

Aspen turned his head to his water bottle. He'd quickly pick his body up from the bed. He'd notice how drenched he was. "What did you do Julian?"

"What do you think? It was like you were half dead no breathing!"

Aspen held his shirt. "Thank you. So much." He said sarcastically.

"Of course." Julian walked away towards the bathroom.

Why was I dreaming of Claudia??

Aspen stopped Julian, "What does it mean when you dream of someone youve met...or known...??"

"I don't know, but last time I checked it meant they were thinking about you." He'd open the bathroom door and close it.

Aspen was surprised Claudia was, supposedly, thinking of him.

Aspen slowly got up from his bed, and remembered that was the only outfit of his working clothes.

"Dammit." He scoffed.

"Hey Julian you have any extra janitor clothes?" Aspen yelled, looking down at his shirt.

"Uhuh. One second." Julian shouted from the bathroom. It was like an echoey sound.

Time passed and Aspen was looking in the mirror with his manly outfit. It was a red and black suit. Not something a "janitor" would wear. He looked too...manly. Julian came up soon behind him and looked up and down at his outfit.

One second of silence and he'd burst out into laughter. "You look more dumber than me in that!"

"Yeah..mhm..sure." He'd look at Julian with a neutral face. It didn't look that bad on him. Did it?

"Ahh." Julian settled down and looked at his watch. "It's 8:37 go to work!" Aspens eyes widened a little. He'd quickly rush out of the dorm, shutting the door closed. He'd would expect to go directly to the library, if he knew the place well. Aspen walked briskly throughout the halls with his suit boldly. As soon as he found it he took a great sigh of release, and sort of slouched his body after the long walk. The library was a great, wooden, open space with stairs you can climb to oversee more books. Shelves lined up the walls filled with stories and stories that he'd regretlessly enjoy. As he went up the stairs he saw a poster, slightly tilted, informing people about the ball.

BLACK OUT BALL

EVERYONES INVITED

8:30PM

He thought if he could be spot Claudia at the ball then his trip would end soon.

Aspen focused on mainly the mystery section. He enjoyed solving the mysteries and hoped he could solve some as a career. Aspen crouched down on one knee near the shelf, with his hand on his shin. He picked up a rather light book by the spine and walked towards an open table. He'd pull out a chair and sit down, leaning back and reading the book.

Time passes by and an unknown woman approaches Aspen. "May I sit?" Aspen looked up from his book, noticing a woman, appearing the same age as him, with ginger hair ties up in a bun.