𝙎𝙃𝘼𝘿𝙊𝙒𝙎

┊ーׁ̫🔪ׅ★ ┊

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆ ・:*:・゚★

the lights flickered filling the room with suspense and fear. one by one they each had left, always unnoticed. what seemed like mere hours to one person would only be a couple of seconds to the rest.

it was strange indeed.

how their paths were soon to unravel into the depths of despair.

how was it possible no one had noticed?

why did they never pay close attention?

one by one, each person changed. replaced by the shadow of their real selves, their true selves.

it started with mingyu.

the group of thirteen boys gathered together at their residential hangout for club meetings, sharing laughs and smiles at ridiculous ploys they came up with. and in between their discussions, the lights had flickered numerous times, but for mingyu it was only three.

three flickers.

three seconds.

three friends who vanished leaving him alone on the couch, surrounded by complete darkness other than the small ray of light reflected by the moon.

"hao? cheol! wonwoo!?" he called out, yet there was no answer. gulping nervously, he curled himself into a ball at the very edge of the sofa, trying his best to make out the figures within the darkness.

"looks like we have a newcomer don't we eight?" Although it came like a whisper, mingyu swore the deep voice echoed through the walls.

another chuckled lowly, making goosebumps crawl through mingyu's skin. "i say we have some fun with this one, let him face his own..fears."

mingyu furrowed his eyebrows at this, fears?  he thought, recalling every possible event that he was scared of. out of all those contenders what he saw was something he expected the least.

"what are you?" his voice quivered, catching within the back of his throat. "i am you. just..better." the figure whispered stepping into the moonlight as mingyu's face paled. "you-you look just like me!"

"i am you, but a shadow version. the version of you, you and others like yourself want to keep locked away. i am the hatred, the sadness, and the vengeful all together. i am your emotions, and all your inner darkest desires." the shadow had smirked, as he watched mingyu's face drain of color.

"i am you, but so much more. i am everything you ever wanted to be. i am the future, and you are nothing, but the past."

the shadow stepped forward, causing mingyu to get as far back onto the couch as possible, but it was no luck, he knew he was as far as he could go.