𝟎𝟏. 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐞𝐝, 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝, 𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝

════════ • 🐍 • ════════

Turning twenty-one might be significant to a lot of people, it marks a point of time when you enter the adult world without restrictions of childhood. At eighteen you might receive adult privileges without all of the responsibility. At sixteen you foolishly feel on top of the world. And at thirteen you think you're no longer a kid. However, ones entire life changes at the ripe age of eleven when part of the wizarding world.

So on the dawn of July 31st, Eloise Malfoy was awake before anyone else in the household. She grinned at the letter in her hand that she'd received the week before. Of course, she knew she was meant to wait for her cousin to rise so that they might return their owls of notice together, but she wanted to get just one more look at her letter before the day truly began.

╔═══════*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══════╗

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF
WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear, Miss Malfoy,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

𝑀𝒾𝓃𝑒𝓇𝓋𝒶 𝑀𝒸𝒢𝑜𝓃𝒶𝑔𝒶𝓁𝓁
Deputy Headmistress

╚═══════*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══════╝

"Mother said we'd send them together," Draco interrupted the silence. He descended the stairwell, crossing his arms as he stopped in front of her.

"I thought you were still on the fence about Durmstrang," Eloise replied, folding up her letter. "And I haven't even sent the owl yet, so just relax."

"Durmstrang was Father's idea," Draco reminded her. "Mother doesn't want me attending school so far from home. She probably just wants me to keep you out of trouble."

"Please," Eloise scoffed. "Between the two of us, I think trouble favors you."

Draco's lips pursed as if building up a series of contradictions; however, that's when the boy's parents descended the stairs—each coming from opposite ends of the hall to meet at the stairwell in the center.

"Do be quiet, children," Lucius sighed, rubbing between his eyes as if five seconds in their presence could actually give him a headache. "You'll wake our guests."