Chapter 8

Severus's POV:

Hadrian's fever finally started to come down, and his dragon pox was beginning to disappear. But we decided it would be best for us to remain home until Hadrian wasn't so weak. Hadrian took about a month to gain the strength to travel back to Hogwarts. Once we arrived at the castle, we took the boys to their rooms in our chambers, but once we opened the door, Dumbledore and the Fudge were waiting for us in the living room. 

"How can we help you?" Lucius asked, "We just wanted to check in to see how Hadrian is recovering, and we wanted to know more about him." Dumbledore said. Lucius started talking with them while I took Draco to his room to play with his toys. We spoke to Dumbledore and Fudge. I also took Hadrian to the nursery, laid him down for a nap, and placed powerful wards around both boys' rooms so that no one but our family could enter the room. I have a bad feeling about them being here. 

Before entering the living room, I sent a patronus to Professor McGonagall to tell her that Dumbledore and Fudge were here asking questions about Hadrian. Once I came into the living room, I heard Lucius yell, "He just got over Dragon Pox; once he is 100 percent, then I might entertain the thought of you meeting him, but he is in a 5-month-old headspace. He doesn't know what is going on around him. I ask you to please get out and leave us alone." Once Lucius was done, both Dumbledore and Fudge left. I went to Lucius and said, "I feel bad about this. They were trying to find information they don't need to know." 

Soon, McGonagall came in, and we told her everything about Hadrian, the Dursleys, and how Dumbledore and Fudge were searching for their so-called savior. Once we were done talking to Mcgonagall, I brought Draco to the living room and gave him a snack. I also checked on Hadrian, changed his nappy, brought him out to the living room, and placed him down on his play mat. I'm just worried that Dumbledore will find out who Hadrian is and try to take him and force him to fight in a war that he does not need to fight in or force him to be a Dom and marry him off to that Weasley girl to get James and Lily's money. I quickly write to Tom about my worries and ask him if there is a legal way to keep Hadrian from Dumbledore's hands. 

Once Mcgonagall leaves, Lucius will prepare a small dinner, and we will get the boys ready for bed. Once they were down, I knew it would be a long night, as Hadrian has been clingy to us due to his illness; I started to work on the lesson plans for the rest of the week. Lucius does the same soon; Tom's letter comes and states:

Dear Severus and Lucius, 

If we can show the wizgamont that the Dursleys were abusive to Hadrian, we can get them out of the way. As for Dumbledore, he was made his magical guardian illegally, and it states in Lily's will that if Sirius was unavailable, he was to go to you, Severus. So I believe if you bring Lily's will, which was sealed illegally, and present it, it would keep Dumbledore away. But we can discuss this more when you come home for the summer holiday. 

Sincerely, 

Lord Slytherin

We reread his letter and discussed our options. We decided to wait until we discussed our options with Tom. We soon went to bed with the worries of our children's safety. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~665 words

Edited: 3/7/24