New Years Kiss

Hermione sighed as she watched all the loving couples celebrate New Years Eve.

She was celebrating it with a glass (bottle) of champagne.

She was celebrating because she knew she was going to have another New Year without the Kiss she always wanted.

So she planned on getting very drunk and was proud to say she was starting to get there.

"Hello Hermione, lovely as ever."

Hermione wasn't that drunk.

Nor that desperate.

"Cormac, a displeasure as always."

"Are you here alone Hermione?" Cormac asked, "that's bad luck."

"That probably explains why I'm stuck talking to you."

She heard an annoyed grunt coming from her left and Hermione smirked into her cup.

"Now come on Hermione, why are you being so cold?"

"Am I?" Hermione drawled, "probably because I don't want to talk to you and you can't seem to get the hint."

"Now I know you don't mean that," he whispered, moving closer to her and Hermione stretched her head away.

She felt like a giraffe.

"I really do," Hermione told him, "did you know there's this special thing called personal space? Let's try it out."

She tried to push him away but he took hold of her waist and pulled her closer. She looked around for help but realized that everyone was busy with their partners.

"I can make you feel good Hermione."

"I don't feel good now."

He moved in to kiss her but the wish she made was granted and a body appeared with a stern caught.

"I think the lady said to back off."

Hermione's victory was short lived.

Oh no.

Oh no.

Oh...no...

She turned her head and saw the man of her nightmares standing there with that awful smirk on his pointy face.

"Malfoy."

"McLaggen."

Cormac let her go and Hermione stumbled. A cold hand was placed on her exposed back and she shivered slightly.

"Hermione and I are alright."

"Not at all, you're just too dense to hear," Hermione grumbled, Malfoy's hand still hadn't removed itself from her back.

"See, she told you, back off."

Cormac glared at her and stormed off. Hermione sighed with relief and drowned the remainder of her drink before topping it off again.

"How many have you had Granger?" Malfoy asked.

"W-What's it to you?" Hermione hiccuped slightly, raising an eyebrow at him in expectation.

"Okay give me this—"

Hermione pulled the bottle away from him and shook her head.

"Why should I?"

"Because you're drunk."

"Tipsy, not drunk, there's a difference."

"There really isn't."