One

"Lily!" My dad hollers.
God, I really don't wanna go. The guys there are sweet don't get me wrong but, I feel as though I'm intruding.
They already have their own "thing" going on and I have also done nothing to earn captain.

I mean Julian worked so hard to get captain and I've basically stolen it from him.

But oh well. Dad said that if I refuse he won't let go back to my old club. And that would be traumatic.

"Yeah dad?" I hurl back, grabbing my water bottle and putting it into my bag.

"You ready?" he calls from the door, his voice cracking.

I snort as I say, "Still going through puberty buddy?" I joke as I walk towards him, bag
in hand.

"Shut up and get in the car."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I walk over to the field, the sound of my slides colliding with the ground being the annoying sound that fills my ears.

I see all the boys already there, on the bleachers talking and laughing.

god this is gonna be hard.

I've known them for a while. Some longer since a few were with my dad when he coached another old club.

Now they play for our school.

I walk over, careful not to make much sound but, still manage to catch their attention, even when they're deep in conversation.

"Lisa!" Alex hurls.

Alex has always teased me. My dad sometimes punishes him for it but, most of the time, he gets away with it.
it's fine though since i usually do it back anyways.

"Hey Axel! How's your fat ass doing?" I yell back.

"Leila, I thought we talked about your dirty mouth." he pretends to scold as I join them on the bleachers.

"Whatever, dumbass" I reply in a singy song voice.

"So, how are you feeling?" Julian asks, voice low.
I'm sure this is a little awkward for him. It would be for me too.

"I'm nervous in way. I mean my dad of course might go easy on me in the beginning but..." I trail off, focusing on my putting on my cleats.

"Anyways, we should start warming up before my dad beats all of us to a pulp." I say, grabbing my bag and setting it near the sidelines.

All of the boys follow after me, the sound of their cleats banging against the bleachers everywhere.

"Alright, everyone line up and after this we'll pass for a little. Then some drills my dad has set up and then we can scrimmage." I inform.

Some nod. Others scowl. Most ignore me.

The only I really know here are Alex, Julian, Kaden, Mason, and Jackson.

The rest are honestly assholes that aren't in the slightest polite.

"Alright high knees to the cone then sprint back , one at a time, go!" i yell.

As I hear heavy breaths throughout the field, I think about how the hell Im supposed to become respected. Of course, I know that i'm an extraordinary player but to some, that doesn't mean anything.

Women's professional sports aren't as respected.

"Grapevine! Go!" I yell again, doing it perfectly.

I see Jackson struggle next to me so, I pull him aside.

"Hey Jacks come here please."

"Hey Lily." He says, out of breath with his hands placed at his waist with a slight smile.

"Do you know how to do this one? If you need help then I could teach you."

"um... yeah please." he replies.

"Okay put your right foot crossed over your left," he does it as I give him instructions." Then bring your left from there, to next to your right uncrossed. Then put your right foot behind your left and cross that too. Then uncross it again. And repeat that really really fast."

After a few tries, he does it perfectly.

"I expect a thank you now." I say playfully.

He chuckles softly and rubs my arm. "Thanks Lil," he says, joining everyone else.

"Alright, everyone grab a partner, we're gonna do some passing drills!" My dad hurls.

As everyone grabs a partner, I wait to see whose left.

Kaden.

Kaden is super duper shy. But to some he seems cold and i don't know just rude.
He likes to ignore people and most of the time I never talk to him when I visit practices.

He talks to his teammates but most of the time only when it's relevant. He has a few friends I think.

But I never get to see that side of him.

"So, should we use your ball or mine?" I ask, walking backwards to create distance between us.

"I don't care." he says. Usually when people say this they say it in like a nonchalant way. But Kaden seemed like he just wanted this to be over.

"Okay..." I go over and get his ball.

We pass to each other for a little while and decide it's getting a little bit boring so I suggest we do one touch instead.

(one touch is when you only touch the ball  once when it gets passed to you. That touch being another pass or a shot. the more you know🙄)

He only grunts in response. God this kid couldn't get anymore annoying.

"Dude, yes or no." I say, finally over it.

"Dude, just pass the damn ball!" he hurls back at me.

I scoff and in return, I kick the ball as hard as I can, colliding with his emotionless stupid face.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

ALRIGHT WE DID IT!!!
I FINALLY MADE A CHAPTER FOR THIS FUCKING BOOK!!!

anyways, I got pretty bored with this one and I haves SEVERAL drafts for the first chapter so bai.

6•22•23

word count: 950

love ya!!