Chapter 1

Meng Yao was very angry.

His manager had just taken yet another cut of his pay! 

It was barely enough to live off of without his thieving manager; he would need to go on food stamps soon! 

You could say that with that last piece of information, Meng Yao wasn't thinking when he bought all of the locked chapters of 'The Harem of Lan' , a web novel about a cultivation emperor Lan Xichen, and his harem of over 300 women, and two men, Nie Mingjue and Jin Guangyao.

Nie Mingjue and Jin Guangyao had aided Lan Xichen in the Great War of The Cloud and Sun, a battle that started when a sect leader that nearly matched the power of Lan Xichen decided to try and turn the kingdom in his favour, nearly winning until Jin Guangyao had made himself a spy.

Meng Yao had quickly chosen Jin Guangyao as his favourite, staying up all night to finish the web novel even though he had opening shift the next day.

Jin Guangyao was only offered one and a half paragraphs of a back story, but it had aligned closely with what Meng Yao had to go through, and honestly, Meng Yao needed someone to project on.

After Lan Xichen won the Great War, he quickly took Jin Guangyao as first husband, causing Jin Guangshan to finally legitimize his son. Jin Guangyao quickly became envied, as even though Lan Xichen was kind to every woman in his harem, he only had heart for Jin Guangyao.

That is, until his childhood friend Nie Mingjue had been revealed to be his secret lover, quickly becoming a sort of, co-first husband with Jin Guangyao.

When Jin Guangyao was found to have set up the orgy that killed his father, the ever-righteous Nie Mingjue quickly and harshly persuaded Lan Xichen to send him to live in the cold palace with his only trusted servant, Xue Yang.

However, Jin Guangyao had managed to gain the favour of Lan Xichen once again, devising a plan to kill Nie Mingjue, via induced qi deviation, which nobody would have suspected.

It was only when Nie Huaisang, the only brother of Nie Mingjue had found this out, exposing an affair Jin Guangyao had with the young mistress Qin, who happened to be his sister!! Effectively ruining the life of Jin Guangyao, eventually leading to his murder while attempting to escape, solidifying Nie Mingjue as the only First Husband. 

This book really..!

Meng Yao choked on his spit. What a joke of an ending! Jin Guangyao had much more character depth than that! He didn't know Qin Su was his sister until just a day before it was revealed to the world! His father was an awful man, it should be celebrated that he was murdered! Jin Guangyao had only set up to hurt Nie Mingjue, not completely kill him!!

God, this fucking! Novel! 

Meng Yao rarely showed such anger outwardly, but he smacked his laptop repeatedly, something that he had to go dumpster diving for. 

It was only when he shoved it out suddenly, that it knocked a cup of water, pouring over the keyboard. Meng Yao had despaired over this, thinking only to use his hands to wipe down the spill.

A white-hot shock ran through him, clenching his teeth and freezing his limbs.

He couldn't breathe, his body refused to take a breath. Faintly, Meng Yao could smell flesh burning.

___________________________________________________________

unedited

This was inspired by a fic on AO3 and the Webtoon "Divorcing My Tyrant Husband" I'll find the fic and link both later!!! next chapter in the works but idk when it will be updated

-----

IVE FOUND IT "The hopeless optimism of spring" By Winter soldier on Ao3 https://archiveofourown.org/works/40354689