Part 3 | Mindfuck

Play the song above when it tells you too plz

TW- self harm

TW- themes of domestic abuse

_______________________________________________

"Mindfuck"

the act of confusing someone also known as mindfucking

________________________________________________

Gracie's POV

The day after their call...

I woke up this morning dreading going to school and having to face Billie. I barely sept. I was up most of the night overthinking what could occur in school today. Will she avoid me? Will she act like nothing happened? Will she ditch me for Harry? Will she tell me she doesn't like me back? What if she likes Harry? What if Harry really does like her? I need to stop falling for her she was flirting with my brother, she obviously likes him. I don't know, and I'm not sure if I even want to know at this point. I'm just so confused. Why all the mixed signals? I just can't help but think that Harry might have been right, maybe I do overstep. Hell I told the girl I'm falling for her on the same day that I met her. No wonder people leave me so quick. No wonder I had no real friends until Billie came along. I only really had school friends, but they aren't really true friends. I've only went out with them outside of school like twice and we don't text too much. They're great and all but not as great as Billie. I can't loose Billie because of my silly habits. If I have to suppress my feelings for her for the benefit of our friendship I will.

I eventually left my pit of a bed and started getting ready. I shuffled over to my dresser to put on some deodorant and pick out an outfit. Next to my dresser is my desk where I spotted it. The lighter. My hand began to slowly reach for it. I knew this was wrong but I was so stressed and worried. I needed a release, so I took the lighter and went to sit against my locked door. I pulled down my pyjama pants and lit the lighter next to my upper thigh. It felt so bad yet so good. It released all the stress and anxiety I was feeling. The pain also felt deserved. I thought I deserved this after possibly having ruined my friendship with my favourite person, Bils. I eventually stopped and continued picking my outfit. I chose to wear some brownish gray canvas shorts with tan tights underneath, a cute oversized grandpa sweater and my high top converse (of course). I hoped this would grab Billie's attention. I then rushed to put on some concealer to cover the dark circles under my eyes due to my lack of sleep, some lip gloss, clear mascara and to brush my teeth before grabbing my tote bag and headphones to head to school.

 I then rushed to put on some concealer to cover the dark circles under my eyes due to my lack of sleep, some lip gloss, clear mascara and to brush my teeth before grabbing my tote bag and headphones to head to school

Billie's POV

I woke up this morning feeling the most guilt I've felt in a good while. I wish I'd just told Gracie I felt the same before hanging up. I was just so embarrassed about my dad coming in telling me to shut the fuck up. I don't want her to see that part of my life, the part where I'm in constant fear of when their next fight will be, how bad it will be and if he'll take it out on me. I hope she doesn't hate me now. I hope she doesn't think I like her brother. I just want to see her. To tell her how I feel. I rushed to get dressed into a really cute outfit to try win Gracie back lol. I put on a black mini skirt with tan tights underneath, a white ruched tank top, an oversized denim jacket and my doc martins. "She can't hate me wearing this." I thought to myself. I then finished getting ready, grabbed my bag and headphones and left.