III

1 Year Prior

1 Year Prior

"Chris man you gotta get up," the concerned brother said as he looked at his older brother passed out on the couch in the large hotel room. Christian was in new york with his brother on a "business trip" and he went a little too hard with tequila shots the prior night.

"Leave me alone Ken," the hungover man said as he shooed his hand away from his face. the last thing Christian wanted to do was leave the comfort of the couch.

"C'mon man clean yourself up we got some business to attend to," ken said as lifted Christian's face from the cushion by his long hair. Ken only being 26 years old always found himself playing the older sibling role to his 32 year old brother Christian. Both the men were very late for an important meeting that was scheduled for the afternoon.

"Oh fuck," the older brother said as he quickly jumped up from the reminder of the meeting with their father. Christian quickly walked into the nearby bathroom and closed the door shut.

"Dad's gonna be pissed," ken said as he fished his phone from the pocket of his slacks as he heard water running. Ken and Christian were in New York for a celebration of Christian taking over the family business. Hence why Christian drank way too much, lost his left converse, hooked up with a random girl, and threw up in a potted plant in the hotel lobby.

"We're not even that late," the disarrayed man said storming from the bathroom with only a black tee shirt, socks, and his boxers.

"We're an hour late," this little brother said glancing from his phone to his brother.

"Where the fuck are my pants? I need a cigarette," the older man said as he flipped a pillow in search of his missing black slacks.

"They're outside the hotel room door dumbass. You know man you gotta stop drinking. I'm tired of being a babysitter," the little brother said as he grabbed his pack of cigarettes from the inside of his suit jacket. He placed the one on his lips and lit the cigarette. He took a few puffs before handing it to the stressed Christian as he reentered the room but with pants on this time.

"gomawo (thanks)," he said taking the cigarette and ignoring his brother's rant. He took several puffs while putting his other pair of black converse on.